Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Heaven swapmeet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimN73
Last year, Al and Spencer from Parts Heaven in Hayward invited all teeners to participate in their informal gathering. We were assigned to the lot next to Parts Heaven - up against the building.

About a dozen 914s made the trip.

Invitation is open again this year, June 6.

Details for the official Concours and the swapmeet are on the website:

http://www.partsheaven.com/pages/index_a.html
EdwardBlume
I'll be there.. although I won't be double fisting donuts like last year...
Andyrew
I'll be there in a spot w/ my dad trying to sell 914 and 944 turbo junk im sure. I may try and sell my v8 engine/ trani swap at that time. (To prepare for the Audi setup not purchased yet).
kkid
I will be there, too driving.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Interested parties might just find The Cap'n and The Lovely Lyn in attendance. You know what to look for ................... The rest of the family will be home, cleaning their assault weapons and feeding the pit bull........................................

The Cap'n
biosurfer1
I'm sure I can make it over...found quite a bit of good stuff a few years back
strawman
I'll be there.

I have a pair of black vinyl-covered fiberglass 911 door pockets that I'd like to get rid of. I wonder if anyone will mind if I just carry them around with a for sale sign on them (I don't wanna sit at a table all day trying to sell 'em!)? Or if anyone on this board is planning to staff a table, I'll give a commission to sell 'em and a few other 911 parts (PM me).
Justinp71
QUOTE(strawman @ May 19 2010, 11:02 AM) *

I'll be there.

I have a pair of black vinyl-covered fiberglass 911 door pockets that I'd like to get rid of. I wonder if anyone will mind if I just carry them around with a for sale sign on them (I don't wanna sit at a table all day trying to sell 'em!)? Or if anyone on this board is planning to staff a table, I'll give a commission to sell 'em and a few other 911 parts (PM me).

You might just want to list those on pelicanparts.com, I've had good luck with selling stuff on there...
DanT
years ago, a fellow used to pull a "radio flyer" full of swap meet stuff, along the road at the swap meet. Had a "for sale" sign on the side.... biggrin.gif
shoguneagle
I have always gone to this event when I lived full time in Santa Clara; have purchased many items including my 1987 Sixer engine for the current project; always enjoy doing parts swapping/buying at this meet. Parts Heaven are great to do business with.

Will miss it by two weeks since I have to be in California at the end of June for friend's wedding.

Everyone attend and enjoy. Usually see a lot of people you know.

Steve Hurt
tradisrad
I'll probably show up and spend more money than I need to. Last year it was a set of front monoballs. Maybe I can find some rear monoballs this year.
Krieger
QUOTE(DanT @ May 19 2010, 11:49 AM) *

years ago, a fellow used to pull a "radio flyer" full of swap meet stuff, along the road at the swap meet. Had a "for sale" sign on the side.... biggrin.gif

Thats me! I'll be back. I sold a few grand worth of stuff there out of that wagon. This year I have new Rebel Racing rear adjustable perches 165$, Bead blasted aluminum front crossmember $100, 911 front Bilstein sport shocks, from 86 Boge struts $100 biggrin.gif
Krieger
Looking for 2 15x7 Fuchs, 1 15x7 cookie cutter, 1 front air dam...don't know which one yet, but not a "deep" one. early 911 e-brake assembly for 914 trailing arms
DanT
I had no idea that was you Andy....

good luck with the wagon this year. biggrin.gif
Krieger
I am going and driving my 914! Is the parking area still open for us? I sold my parts so no red wagen. piratenanner.gif
Lennies914
I wasn't sure until rob mentioned doughnuts. I'm in. Do we really get our own parking area?
Krieger
I remember other p cars in there too...previously.
EdwardBlume
I could off some parts too.... but I don't have the time or patience for a booth...

Maybe we could get going a virtual swap meet and then meet up at the event?

I need a nice dash, including the top padded section, a working Porsche radio, ball joints, plastic rivets, sail panel vinyl + trim, and heater flapper boxes...

I have: a NOS FG stock front valence (never mounted never painted), Momo Protipo steering wheel + hub, 2.0 Euro Header Exhaust system, a temp / tank gauge, and a couple tubs of misc parts.

Mike Bellis
What time is everybody getting there? I'm in, got my new shift rod fabed up and I'm ready to drive!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 5 2010, 12:32 AM) *

I could off some parts too.... but I don't have the time or patience for a booth...

Maybe we could get going a virtual swap meet and then meet up at the event?

I need a nice dash, including the top padded section, a working Porsche radio, ball joints, plastic rivets, sail panel vinyl + trim, and heater flapper boxes...

I have: a NOS FG stock front valence (never mounted never painted), Momo Protipo steering wheel + hub, 2.0 Euro Header Exhaust system, a temp / tank gauge, and a couple tubs of misc parts.

Hey Rob, shoot me pics of the steering wheel, I am looking for one. Also, somebody please find me some CHEAP, good "M" and "S" gears before the evil doctor kicks my ass! slap.gif

Shoe
Krieger
I may be interested in the steering wheel if it doesn't work out w Shoe
Cap'n Krusty
I look forward to seeing some of you there tomorrow AM. Big hat, white Vanagon, green EZ-up. (805) 886-0434. The Cap'n
underthetire
Anyone bringing a interior light? Beetle one is fine. Mine is turning in to a melted ball.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 5 2010, 08:11 AM) *

Anyone bringing a interior light? Beetle one is fine. Mine is turning in to a melted ball.

GPR has a replacement one for really cheap new....
Cap'n Krusty
Nice trip. Didn't sell much, might have made expenses, maybe. Saw lots of you, had a good time. Had dinner at Buffalo Bill's on Saturday evening. I highly recommend it! Good beers and ales, great food. While Lyn is a good helper at loading/unloading the van, it's becoming a chore, and the fun's going away. This year's Ventura may be our last swap meet as sellers. Should anyone here be interested in coming to Santa Maria for a couple of days, I'm hereby offering ALL my 914 parts to the first person making a reasonable offer. Probably have a large pickup load, maybe more. Some sheet metal, lots of engine tin, trannies, some interior parts, trim, whatever. Mostly good stuff. It's spread out all over the shop and shed, and we'd have to find it all. One condition: You take it ALL or help me toss what you don't take.

The Cap'n
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 7 2010, 08:44 AM) *

Nice trip. Didn't sell much, might have made expenses, maybe. Saw lots of you, had a good time. Had dinner at Buffalo Bill's on Saturday evening. I highly recommend it! Good beers and ales, great food. While Lyn is a good helper at loading/unloading the van, it's becoming a chore, and the fun's going away. This year's Ventura may be our last swap meet as sellers. Should anyone here be interested in coming to Santa Maria for a couple of days, I'm hereby offering ALL my 914 parts to the first person making a reasonable offer. Probably have a large pickup load, maybe more. Some sheet metal, lots of engine tin, trannies, some interior parts, trim, whatever. Mostly good stuff. It's spread out all over the shop and shed, and we'd have to find it all. One condition: You take it ALL or help me toss what you don't take.

The Cap'n

It was good seein' ya and I agree.... it sure did feel different this year. There were more than a few notable venders NOT there this year...
scrz914
It did seem that the vendor section was quite a bit less. I just figured it was because I got there earlier than usual. Not much for 914s. More for the 911 and 356. Even the "Crusty one" didn't seem to have much for the 914. Very congenial fellow though.
I still managed to get a couple of good parts. Scored a 009 distributer for my '73.

There was some really nice 914s in the car show portion. One of my favorites was the bright orange/red one that had all chrome trim taken off. Those that held seals were painted black. Really clean and simple. Wish I had taken pictures. Also there was a Green metallic six that was a standout. Oh, and the Creamsicle...hell they were all nice.

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jun 7 2010, 01:17 PM) *

It did seem that the vendor section was quite a bit less. I just figured it was because I got there earlier than usual. Not much for 914s. More for the 911 and 356. Even the "Crusty one" didn't seem to have much for the 914. Very congenial fellow though.
I still managed to get a couple of good parts. Scored a 009 distributer for my '73.

There was some really nice 914s in the car show portion. One of my favorites was the bright orange/red one that had all chrome trim taken off. Those that held seals were painted black. Really clean and simple. Wish I had taken pictures. Also there was a Green metallic six that was a standout. Oh, and the Creamsicle...hell they were all nice.

Yes, and the black Boxster Spyder made me feel kinda funny in a good way.. beer.gif
underthetire
I got some great deals out there. And it was nice to see everyone.
Krieger
You me this orange/red one? I love it too. Its mine. beer3.gif
BAM
Couple of pics from the Parts Heaven show... Enjoy!
BAM
Two more...
hot_shoe914
Anybody find the gears I needed?
scrz914
You me this orange/red one? I love it too. Its mine.

Yes! I like that look. I like the spartan interior too. No backpad, nice carpet.
How did you get the paint to stick on the aluminum pieces? Did you sand off the anodizing?
scrz914
I was there when the Creamsicle was being judged. Did anyone else see the spider weaving a web in the open passenger window? I wonder if there was a deduction for that. av-943.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 7 2010, 09:33 PM) *

No, sorry.... I tried.

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(BAM @ Jun 7 2010, 09:18 PM) *

Couple of pics from the Parts Heaven show... Enjoy!

The LE was insanely restored... a very nice example...
Krieger
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Jun 7 2010, 10:13 PM) *

You me this orange/red one? I love it too. Its mine.

Yes! I like that look. I like the spartan interior too. No backpad, nice carpet.
How did you get the paint to stick on the aluminum pieces? Did you sand off the anodizing?

There is no aluminum there. I eliminated those pieces. The metal flange on the targa that holds those pieces was carefully cut off and welded up and painted. The front winshield trim was eliminated and used a generic winshield seal cut to fit the appropriate lenght. I think somebody here sells this. The pieces that hold the seals around the door glass were powder coated satin black.
toon1

What gears are you looking for?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jun 8 2010, 10:08 AM) *

M and S.
toon1
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 8 2010, 08:20 AM) *

M and S.

Ok, dont have them. I have a full gear stack of stock 901 914 gears.
underthetire
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jun 8 2010, 09:23 AM) *

M and S.

Realllllly.....Got a good 1st gear slider?
toon1
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 8 2010, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(toon1 @ Jun 8 2010, 09:23 AM) *

M and S.

Realllllly.....Got a good 1st gear slider?

don't think so, I'll check to make sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.