Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash lights not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeeperjohn56
Hey everyone, just like the topic say's, I went to WCR2010 with no dash lights, head lights, blinkers and tail lights work but no dash lights, all fuse's okay, so what am I missing or where do I start to look at? all feed back appreciated. John confused24.gif
detoxcowboy
john, not trying to be insulting but just the check it at the switch before looking for repairs. Are they fully in the on position at the headlight swutch, meaning turn the switch clockwise after it is pulled out?? just checking the obvious first.. if it is already fully on I would check next the connections at the headlight switch to make sure nothing has come loose.. Then next I would check the grounds on the reverse of gauges in the cluster.. tThe ground back there is shared jumper style for many of the lights and other..
biosurfer1
agree.gif must be a ground someplace not contacting or the switch, no way they all just burnt out at once.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ May 19 2010, 01:59 PM) *

Hey everyone, just like the topic say's, I went to WCR2010 with no dash lights, head lights, blinkers and tail lights work but no dash lights, all fuse's okay, so what am I missing or where do I start to look at? all feed back appreciated. John confused24.gif

I recently had same problem. I had 2 things- I had a short in the trunk, it was the license plate light wires, the dash lights are on the same circuit and same fuse. A short on any of these or a bad ground will cause the dash lights etc not to light when switch is pulled out - but it could be a bad switch or just the ground on the back of the gauges.
Good luck -

PJW
underthetire
Not to be a smart ass, but you did try turning the dimmer knob right? The ground for the lights should be just above the fuse box on the body. Bunch o brown wires with ring terminals on a threaded stud. If all that and the fuse is good, either the dimmer went out or one of the spade terminals came off the switch.
Gudhjem
John, maybe this will help. I created this table to help hunt down electrical gremlins. It identifies and describes the function for each wire at the fuse box in a '73, and shows which wires should be hot when. Other years have a few differences.

--Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.