Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb: 1.8 rod bolt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
unicyclerman
so i finally got all my parts back from the machine shop and go to start assembling the crank and rods, and the rod bolt strips..... so i go get on the computer and the only ones i can find are for a 911 engine. so if anyone has any they would be willing to sell me or know where i can get a new one i would apreciate the help. haha i just got my first 914 so excuse my noobness. the car is a 74 1.8. thanks again.
70_914
I have rods laying around with bolts and nuts, but they are in WA. Let me know if you don't find one closer.

Kevin
unicyclerman
i dont know of anyone here in utah so washington might be as close as it gets. ill send you a PM.
Ok…I might be ‘wrong’ but ,it’s my knowledge that factory rod bolts are ONE time use… Unless they are ARP or Raceware…. If I’m correct, your new motor will be at time bomb
unicyclerman
if what i have read is correct then they will slowly oval over time. but im on a real tight budget so i cant afford the arp ones right now so im just lookin for some good used ones that will torque just fine. just to hold me off until i have enough to upgrade to a FI 2.0
unicyclerman
im also looking for a clock and an oil temp gauge for a center console if anyone has any sittin around.
type47
QUOTE(396 @ May 19 2010, 06:16 PM) *

Ok…I might be ‘wrong’ but ,it’s my knowledge that factory rod bolts are ONE time use… Unless they are ARP or Raceware…. If I’m correct, your new motor will be at time bomb

false economy to try to save on a part like this
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.