Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any good deals on Optima 35 batteries?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Was just about to install the battery after winter hibernation. Noticed it's leaking alittle fluid. Needless to say, it's not going back in the car. Trying to find a good price on an Optima 35 battery. Abit lighter and smaller than the 34R and don't require cutting. Anyone know of any online coupons or places that offer them at a decent price? Thanks, Tod
Was also considering one of the AGM Miata batteries, but looks like it would need a custom bracket.
detoxcowboy
i bought my optima on ebay, saved some $$ and it has been perfect.. warranty from optima..
Maltese Falcon
good prices at Costco...don't know if those are avail online though.
Marty
kkid

I bought 35 a few month ago from http://www.1st-optima-batteries.com/index.html

Great price includes shipping and packing is great as well.

Very reliable.

Rleog
Check out Amazon.com, too.
tod914
Will do, thanks for the leeds.
Tom_T
Tod - google the part number or description & price comparison comes up.
Also PP runs 10-20% off specials to factor into that price checking (last week or 2 ago was 20% but this week is only 10% dry.gif ), as well as the in store prices at Costco etc.

You might also want to check into these Odyssey dry cell type (zero liquid & lighter/smaller), then do price check same way as above -

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/O...s/?autoview=SKU

My battery expert out here (cars to phones) said they're both now owned by Optima's parent, plus as of this year Optima cut their warranty in half time!
tod914
Tom, the Odyssey looks very appealing. But, I don't want to do any drilling in the tray to install a custom mount. I'll pop by Costo today and see what they have in stock. If not, I'll go the mail order route. Unfortunetly Pepboys and Autozone don't stock the 35 here. Both would price match internet prices if they did.
saigon71
Is the Optima 35 a direct fit (no mods needed)?
tod914
Correct Bob, direct fit. Even has the poles in the correct place. Just don't get the double post/R version. The poles will be opposite of what you need. Ended up with Kkid's suggestion and buying one online. Should be in on Wed. Anxious to get the car up and running now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.