Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb: early gas cap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pat Garvey
Looking for a preferably new Factory early gas cap, or one with good, fresh seals.
Pat
hwgunner
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 19 2010, 05:28 PM) *

Looking for a preferably new Factory early gas cap, or one with good, fresh seals.
Pat

I got a new in bag one from a member here a while back. He had plenty more. I can't remember his name but i do know that he had a realy nice baby blue 914 that i think he had to sell. 914rrr maybe.
detoxcowboy
It was 914 rrr, I remeber you beat me to it Gunner.. drunk.gif
burton73
I had 2 of them in the bag. Both of them where shit. They said they where made in Germany. You will be very unhappy if they are the same thing that I got. I showed them to Bruce Stone and we both had to shake our heads at the quality. Never would Pat use them. Get new gaskets for yours and send yours out to one of our guys to refinish when they are doing a batch of there stuff.

Make sure you get a good look at the item top and bottom and sides close up.
tod914
I found a NOS Porsche one in the bag some time ago. It differers than the original one though. It's actually a yellish cad in finish and has the Audi logo on it instead of the VW. Otherwise identical with the correct part number that was on the sealed bag. NOS ones might be of this varity too. So defenitly get picutures of it like the other guys suggested. Maybe George or Rich B. has one on the shelf?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.