Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car offer $$$$
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I have 914 for sale. This is a response I got that didn't just sound right. What do you think? SCAM???

Hello,
>> I am highly interested in the ad Car
>> listed for sale and i will want you to get back to me
>> with its present condition if you still have it for
>> sale and the reason for selling it and also your last
>> asking price.
>> Thanks
>> Mariam......
>>

Second email after a reasonable response from me.

Hello,

My method of payment will be by Certified Bank Check and it will
surely clear fine ,Shipment is not a problem, Don't worry about the
shipment Ok, I will make arrangement on the shipment.. I have a
shipping company that will take care of the shipment.If you are ok
with the transaction and you're honest in selling to me. Please can
you send me more pictures of it?
Kindly Get Back to me Asap.......

Awaiting a Quick Respond from you.
Thank You.
Regards
Mariam....
poorsche914
Scam for sure.

QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 19 2010, 10:16 PM) *

I have 914 for sale. This is a response I got that didn't just sound right. What do you think? SCAM???

Hello,
>> I am highly interested in the ad Car
>> listed for sale and i will want you to get back to me
>> with its present condition if you still have it for
>> sale and the reason for selling it and also your last
>> asking price.
>> Thanks
>> Mariam......
>>

Second email after a reasonable response from me.

Hello,

My method of payment will be by Certified Bank Check and it will
surely clear fine ,Shipment is not a problem, Don't worry about the
shipment Ok, I will make arrangement on the shipment.. I have a
shipping company that will take care of the shipment.If you are ok
with the transaction and you're honest in selling to me. Please can
you send me more pictures of it?
Kindly Get Back to me Asap.......

Thank You.
Regards
Mariam....

SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ May 19 2010, 07:19 PM) *

Scam for sure.

agree.gif
silver74insocal
bad grammar for sure, but what indicates scam? other then the whole shipment thing lol-2.gif
what exactly is he going to scam from you? please elaborate for us noobs, ok i arrange for noobs..i have a noobs company...
scotty b
Send pics with plates off and no " giveaway " background. Take cashiers check and advise the car will not be released until the check has been verified and CLEARS the bank. That'll scare off a scammer. Or just tell them.

"So sorry. Car gone, you too late. Mr. Brix buy for many more monies. Have good days "
mipstien
scam him back *shrug*
Spoke
This is a scam.

Don't respond any more to this person.

Nobody buys a 914 without having someone look at it.

Don't send any pictures.

Like the brave knights said in Monte Python's Holy Grail: RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY
silver74insocal
no please continue, i want to see where this guy is going with this popcorn[1].gif
bandjoey
Even cashiers checks can bounce a week after you think it's cleared. It can go through your bank and post ok but the clearing bank might be another week or 10 days to verify the funds. If there's something wrong with the check, they will charge your bank back, who of course, will charge you back.

Scam.
ConeDodger
Looks like Russian babelfish translated into English... Run...
SirAndy
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 19 2010, 08:02 PM) *

Even cashiers checks can bounce a week after you think it's cleared. It can go through your bank and post ok but the clearing bank might be another week or 10 days to verify the funds. If there's something wrong with the check, they will charge your bank back, who of course, will charge you back.

Scam.

agree.gif

Pretty common scam. The check will clear with your bank but then bounce about a week later and you'll be left without a car and a bunch of hefty bank fees ...

shades.gif Andy
moparrob
Tell her that you are a Nigerian prince and would be willing to send the car immediately if she would forward shipping fees of $2,000 immediately to a P.O. Box adress...
Andyrew
Selling on craigslist? you should get about 10 of these a day, literally. I got 30 one time for a chevy I was selling.Stopped the add and I still get them about 3 a week about 2 months later...

Fin spam
silver74insocal
tell him you will sell 4k over asking and post the respo popcorn[1].gif nse.im really intrigued now
sww914
I got that stuff from an ad I placed to sell 240 pavers. They're 8" x 16" x 2" concrete blocks. 3800 lbs of them. She was asking me to take a cashier's check ASAP and she would have her assistant come and pick them up to ship them.
I told her that I would wrap them up for shipping and she asked me to estimate shipping to Connecticut while she was in London.
I asked her to mail the cashier's check to
Esteban Villa Rebosa Vasquez Pinero Sancho
115243647387 Via de Empressa de Vinicia
Suite 348011 Floor 144 Room 121 Box 24a shelf 373465/2946
Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa Grande Mesa
San Luis Obispo County
California
In the amount of $130,3175.00. That was $175.00 for the pavers and $130,300 for next day air shipping.
I haven't heard back yet but I want my money!
smile.gif
warrenoliver
QUOTE(sww914 @ May 20 2010, 01:49 AM) *

I got that stuff from an ad I placed to sell 240 pavers. They're 8" x 16" x 2" concrete blocks. 3800 lbs of them. She was asking me to take a cashier's check ASAP and she would have her assistant come and pick them up to ship them.
I told her that I would wrap them up for shipping and she asked me to estimate shipping to Connecticut while she was in London.
I asked her to mail the cashier's check to
Esteban Villa Rebosa Vasquez Pinero Sancho
115243647387 Via de Empressa de Vinicia
Suite 348011 Floor 144 Room 121 Box 24a shelf 373465/2946
Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa Grande Mesa
San Luis Obispo County
California
In the amount of $130,3175.00. That was $175.00 for the pavers and $130,300 for next day air shipping.
I haven't heard back yet but I want my money!
smile.gif

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

Have to admit, that made me giggle! Great name.

Warrenoliver

tracks914
I did send a few pictures but told "her" that I wouldn't deal over the internet. Call me at (and gave my phone number) and we can talk.
I haven't had an email or a phone call since. That's when I posted it on here. It had scam written all over it.
championgt1
Damn Steve.. thats funny! lol-2.gif
SLITS
Be aware that the check could be fradulent and if you deposit it and it comes back that way, the bank may close your account. It happened to a friend.

The only way to know would be to have them send the check and then call the bank it is drawn on to verify if it is actually good PRIOR to depositing.

Just more info on how the scam works.
tracks914
The emails continue.........

Hello,

Thanks for the mail, I am so happy to hear back from you that is
still for sale, I want you to know that am highly interested in
purchasing from you and the price is Okay by me.
Also i want you to know that the shipping will be arrange by me i
have a shipping company who will come to your place for the pickup
and my mode of payment will be by Certified Bank Check in Canada
Dollars the check will carry some access funds which will be be send
to the shipper but i will direct you on how that will be done when
the check get to you.When you get the payment you will deduct your
selling cost and extra $100 for the stress it will take to cash and
wire the remaining funds to my shipper for them to be able to come
for the pickup at your location.
I will want you to get back to me with your information for
payment to be made out. the
required information are:

Full Name :
Residential Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Price:
Phone Number:

If you are ok with the transaction and you're honest in selling to
me,Kindly email me the Information above...

Thank You.
Regards
Mariam..........

stromberg.gif I think I will pass. Smells like a bad deal. stromberg.gif
EdwardBlume
Just one of many steps to becoming a victim...
Jeffs9146
I had a similar offer last year, almost the exact wording and discription!

I e-mailed back that if they want to purchase the car they should send the money order to thier friend who owns the shipping company and have them cash it and give me the money when they pick up the car!

I never hear from them again!
mipstien
couldn't help it.

IPB Image
tracks914
My latest reply to him.,

I will sell the car to you but for payment you can send the check to your shipping company, have them cash it and pay me in good old cash. $500 bills preferred. When they have cleared your check they can call me with the pick up and payment details. Please provide the shipping company name and bonding number so that I can do a background check on the legitimacy of the company. While working in law enforcement I feel it is necessary to track down internet scammers in order to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I am sure you are not one of these. Just where do you want the car shipped to anyways?
Tx
Doug
tracks914
My latest reply to him.,

I will sell the car to you but for payment you can send the check to your shipping company, have them cash it and pay me in good old cash. $500 bills preferred. When they have cleared your check they can call me with the pick up and payment details. Please provide the shipping company name and bonding number so that I can do a background check on the legitimacy of the company. While working in law enforcement I feel it is necessary to track down internet scammers in order to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I am sure you are not one of these. Just where do you want the car shipped to anyways?
Tx
Doug
bandjoey
Dear M: I accept your offer, however, I need your help. My bank won't accept your check now because I had to deposit $24,000 into a Nigerian account yesterday, to help the disposed Crown Prince get his $4.3 million out of the country. If you would be so kind as to deposit the cashiers check with my attorneys, Do We Cheat Em and How, along with an additional $5000 in cash or bearer bonds, my bank will then release my account. I'll put your $5k back in the glove box of the car so you can get it when the shipper delivers. Thanks Much! KMA.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.