Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
6 cylinder, air cooled, horizontally opposed, 540 cubic inches, 8.5:1 CR, 250 HP @ 2575 RPM.
scotty b
Doesn't look to aerodynamic to me. Needs some Fuchs too
Ferg
What no yellow? biggrin.gif Sounds like you got yourself a Bday gift, Congrats!

Ferg
azbill
Tha's a big step down from 747 to a single engine. Have fun stay safe and enjoy
BMXerror
Okay, you got me (and my private pilot brother). What is it? Looks pretty fast for a single!
Mark D.
NORD

Will we see you at the Reno Air races?

Nice new toy. Come up and see us again in the PNW driving.gif
rick 918-S
God, I can't stop staring at that thing! drooley.gif You Suck! dry.gif kidding! biggrin.gif Man that thing is cool!
rsrguy3
Cruises around 180-200? 15gph? Will you be putting all the speed mods on it?
Growing up dad hauled my ass all over the west in his, but alas it was only 180 horse. I'm stoked beyond belief for you, congrats. Dad ruined me, Porsche's and aircraft. But no inheritance WTF?

TROJANMAN
SWEET

Does this mean you'll be flying to Moab this year?
9146FAN
Beautiful Piper Comanche 250. Is that correct? Looks like a beautiful low hours airplane.

Congratulations.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(9146FAN @ May 19 2010, 08:23 PM) *

Beautiful Piper Comanche 250. Is that correct? Looks like a beautiful low hours airplane.

Congratulations.

1963 Comanche 250. 155 kts. @ 55% power. 12.5 GPH. Or so I'm told. About 40 hours on a rebuilt engine and new prop. I spent some of my Sons inheritance. Moab is a possibility but I really enjoy the drive through Utah.
buhs914
Possible engine donor for a teener?
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 19 2010, 07:17 PM) *

6 cylinder, air cooled, horizontally opposed, 540 cubic inches, 8.5:1 CR, 250 HP @ 2575 RPM.

Congrats and enjoy smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 19 2010, 08:40 PM) *

QUOTE(9146FAN @ May 19 2010, 08:23 PM) *

Congratulations.

1963 Comanche 250. 155 kts. @ 55% power. 12.5 GPH. Or so I'm told. About 40 hours on a rebuilt engine and new prop. I spent some of my Sons inheritance. Moab is a possibility but I really enjoy the drive through Utah.

My personal preference is the classic contemporary Bonanza Vee-tail or Deb, or later Mooneys. ~ may be a future resto for me!?

Put it in the 914, & you've got that old Bill Cosby bit about his buddy with the Cessna engine in his car! lol-2.gif

.... Cosby nailed the sound effects on that one! laugh.gif

Guess you have to downgrade the .95 Mach title bud! dry.gif

Elliot - did you hook up with Sir Tony Dawson up there?
sww914
1963? That thing looks 2 years old to my untrained eyes.
Nice.
zymurgist
Nice! It's as old as I am but arguably in better shape. aktion035.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 20 2010, 03:01 AM) *

Nice! It's as old as I am but arguably in better shape. aktion035.gif

idea.gif There's a belly tank joke in there somewhere av-943.gif
zymurgist
It's not a beer belly, it's a fuel tank for a sex machine!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(buhs914 @ May 20 2010, 12:27 AM) *

Possible engine donor for a teener?

2750 rpm redline, 12.5 gallons/hr at half-throttle...

Aircraft engines are good for what they're good for (mostly, being FAA-certified...) and while there are some automotive engines in aircraft, Tucker was the last guy to really make a go of aircraft engines in vehicles...

Porsche made (past-tense...) the Flugmotor Mooney but for a variety of reasons bought them all back. But you can still see vestiges of the gear-driven cams in late chain houses (FAA wouldn't go for chain-driven cams). There was a tech article in the San Diego Region PCA newsletter that one of the local techs was summoned to do a plug change on the Fuji airship in town for the Torrey Pines Open - two twin-plug 930 engines in that one.

There are several books about using auto engines in aircraft. Not many go the other way...
charliew
Boy thats nice. One of my friends always wanted to develop a property were everyone could share a landing strip. He has his own but hates the expense of keeping it up.
Elliot Cannon
The guy I bought the plane from operated it out of his ranch south of where I live. He has a 1600 ft. grass strip. When I asked him why he was selling the Comanche, he said, "I hardly ever fly it any more". He had three hangars on the ranch. One for the Comanche and one for his Piper Cub and one for his motor/glider. Nice huh?
JRust
Excellent! Can you haul my parts (myself) to Hawaii for the weekend? Very easy to load & unload biggrin.gif
OneOfThemNARPGuys
Paso Robles Apt to Moab Apt is 635 miles. @ 178 mph, you should be able to make Moab in 3 and a half hours. Not too shabby.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(OneOfThemNARPGuys @ May 20 2010, 04:09 PM) *

Paso Robles Apt to Moab Apt is 635 miles. @ 178 mph, you should be able to make Moab in 3 and a half hours. Not too shabby.

In is easy.
Leaving will have you consulting the density altitude calculation...
SLITS
QUOTE(JRust @ May 20 2010, 12:41 PM) *

Excellent! Can you haul my parts (myself) to Hawaii for the weekend? Very easy to load & unload biggrin.gif

Slightly beyond it's range even with Ellyot's belly (tank).
chowtime.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ May 20 2010, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(OneOfThemNARPGuys @ May 20 2010, 04:09 PM) *

In is easy.
Leaving will have you consulting the density altitude calculation...

No Prob!

Options:
1. Lighten Fuel Load & refuel at lower alt.
2. Leave Baggage & Misc. Shittage!
3. Leave passengers! biggrin.gif

... or maybe reverse the order Elliot, depending upon how much you like those passengers! lol-2.gif
Aaron Cox
Looks too fast for you smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 20 2010, 04:07 PM) *

Who are you and why are you here?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 20 2010, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 20 2010, 04:07 PM) *

Who are you and why are you here?

Aaron's girlfriend let him post again??? lol-2.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 19 2010, 11:40 PM) *

1963 Comanche 250.

My dad had a Cherokee Arrow for a couple years before he bought his current v-tail Bonanza.

If you came out to the Tangerine Racing Open House you'd get to see his Ryan STA project before he sells it. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.