Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet pic please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
broomhandle
does anybody have some picture of a D-Jet setup? air cleaner off please. i have a 71/1.7.

and what color are the manifolds originally and whats a good paint to paint them?
type47
I did mine this way:
Click to view attachment

This is not my engine, just a shot of a D-jet system
Click to view attachment
broomhandle
QUOTE(type47 @ May 20 2010, 06:05 AM) *

I did mine this way:

thanks.

what type of paint did you use? are they supposed to be a light grey color?
tod914
Jamie (Jrust), just refinished his using the Rustoleum High Heat Primer; http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=381 Looks very good. I just did mine in a Dove Grey powder coat from NIC out in Oregon. I wet sanded the finish to give it a flatter look. Nice results as well. Maybe just a tad too much of a blueish tint but that could be due to the lighting. Much closer than most of the rattle cans I tried. Wurth Zinc rich primer is another choice, but I had no luck with it adhearing. I just tested out a can of Krylon grey primer. It's also a good choice; leaning towards more of a darker blueish grey than the rest. There is enough variance in these original paint runners (that change color due to engine heat, chemicals etc.) that a flat-low gloss grey is close enough. Another Powdercoat option would be RAL 7000 silver-grey. You can either have a gloss killer added to the PC which can make a variety of unknow results or scuff it like I did. I can't get a decent picture of mine till I'm able to move it outside. But, below are some original intake runners. You can see the variance in the shades of grey.
DanT
try these biggrin.gif
broomhandle
thanks guy. i picked up a D-Jet in pieces. i think its all there, seams simple to put it back togther. so the color of the man's is a blueish grey? i was looking at just going with a engine ceramic. my choices are ford grey and Pontiac blue.... haha

has anybody used a good engine color?

and the control box goes behind the battery tray correct?

and the injectors can be mixed and matched right? no specific order. im assuming...

thank you all! so close to running!!!!!!!!! just time and money smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.