Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Mahle vs. Later Mahle Manufacturing? Or?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
detoxcowboy
Click to view attachment

I am installing new Mahle Piston/Cylinder Set and have a choice of sets; The set on the left is Newer but still NOS, and the set on the right is older by approx 10 years guess OLD NOS, and am curious if anyone knows if there was a differnce in Mahle manufuacturing periods? I.E. hecho en Mexico Mahles?

Or better should I use the calipers and check them and if so what should I look for? wall thickness consistency or roundness or both ect? Thank You, Joe
SLITS
I doubt you should worry about Mexico or China, I would worry more about W vs E Germany.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 20 2010, 09:52 AM) *

I doubt you should worry about Mexico or China, I would worry more about W vs E Germany.

Looking at it that way I bet the older set is prior to the wall coming down... but what side of the wall// ?
SLITS
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 20 2010, 10:03 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ May 20 2010, 09:52 AM) *

Looking at it that way I bet the older set is prior to the wall coming down... but what side of the wall// ?

I could tell you the East Side and try to get the P&Cs for cheap, but it's gonna be the West Side.

It is doubtful that they have changed the metallury, maybe the manufacturing process, but not the metallury.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.