Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in San Diego area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
I will be there on SUnday through Wednesday. I get in at noon on Sunday and should have everything set up quickly... if any of you guys want to grab a beer or fish tacos let me know. I am staying near the convention center....go figure.
SLITS
Wear Kevlar ......
PeeGreen 914
confused24.gif really? What's going on here this time? I will be here for a science type convention.
SLITS
I just thought I would give you the heebie-jeebies.

Talk to Sean Malloy, Don Travers (I think he is in Europe now). They are the locals. Brad Roberts left.
Zimms
Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
effutuo101
Then they christened La Jolla. the pearls just north of San Diego...
PeeGreen 914
lol-2.gif

Looking forward to some good fish tacos while I am there.... no, I really am.
KELTY360
Hey Jon - try sending a PM to Mugs914. Haven't seen him on the board for awhile but he's a great 914 guy who races them. He's up in Vista.
PeeGreen 914
Eh, if they don't reply to this I'm not going to worry about it. I just thought it would be cool to meet some of the SoCal guys why I was in their area.

I'll keep this thread alive and see. beerchug.gif
PThompson509
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 20 2010, 04:03 PM) *

Eh, if they don't reply to this I'm not going to worry about it. I just thought it would be cool to meet some of the SoCal guys why I was in their area.

I'll keep this thread alive and see. beerchug.gif

I'll be around - most evenings are free (I need to do a "yarn test" on the 914 to see where the airflow is (not) going). Would be happy to meet up. Sean is a great guy to meet up with as well, perhaps we could invade his shop. I'll buzz him and see.

Oh, hope you don't mind an air-cooled electric 914. piratenanner.gif

Will send you a PM with my mobile number.

Cheers,
Peter
PeeGreen 914
Actually love to see an electric 914 beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
I'm in vista, which is about 45 minutes from Sean Molloys shop.. Let me know if you guys want to get together for dinner or something.. Maybe a nice sunday evening in san Diego with the teeners?
PeeGreen 914
So maybe we should start the first official Teener Tuesday San Diego biggrin.gif
brer
Hey, I'm not around at the moment but if you want awesome fish tacos and the best selection of small batch tequila in san diego look up Cantina Mayahuel.

Its in Normal Heights. You will not be disappointed.

have fun!
DonTraver
I'm in London, so can't make it. still afoot. Pick up the RS America in 2 days, then it's on. Picked up my ticket package to Le Mans yesterday, it's just too cool.

Have fun, Don
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 20 2010, 06:35 PM) *

Rubio's.
Also - San Diego is the Carne Asada Burrito capital of the world.
Jealous - and hungry...
PeeGreen 914
Now I'm hungery. Don't know if I am going to get to try all of these places but I must try at least one smile.gif We'll see what the Teener Tuesday guys come up with.
sean_v8_914
Las Michoacanas is a block from teh shop. its so good, they dont even speak ingles. we could get together for aero tracing sunday and play with Peters electric 914. I warn you, the geek factor is high when 2 engineers start crawling around an elec 914
PeeGreen 914
Cool smile.gif I'm good for that.
'73-914kid
So wen are we getting together? Sunday or Tuesday? or both? haha
PeeGreen 914
Both is fine by me biggrin.gif
Drums66
Busy week for me also!......personal business
would have liked to meet you!....
enjoy yourself....weather report may make you feel
at home. bye1.gif
PeeGreen 914
So where should we get beer on Sunday? confused24.gif
'73-914kid
And what time?
effutuo101
Hey Jon, when do you go back to Everett?
BTW. The weather that S.D. is having right now is called June gloom. A bit early...
PeeGreen 914
I get back on Wednesday.
PeeGreen 914
About to board the plane. Any ideas for tonight? beer3.gif
johnnie5
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 20 2010, 03:35 PM) *

lol-2.gif

Best fish taco's in San Diego are at a place in Ocean Beach called South Beach Bar & Grill - It's right at the beach. Grilled Mahi Mahi.... not fried crap!

I could take you down there for a taco or two and a beer. Definitely worth the trip, as "O.B." is also fun people watching. Let me know if you would like to go. beer.gif

John
'73-914kid
We still meeting at Sean's shop? We could meet there in a few 914's and cruise over?
sean_v8_914
yup
johnnie5
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ May 23 2010, 11:04 AM) *

yup

When Sean?
sean_v8_914
when does Jon get off the plane? ...tonight maybe but Tues is a GO at my shop around X:30pm
'73-914kid
I think Jon just got off the plane....

Should I bring anything tongiht? Anyone need a part?
PeeGreen 914
Just checked in to the hotel and then off to set up our booth. Say meet tonight at 6 somewhere for dinner? You guys pick the place and we will be there.
'73-914kid
I wouldn't mind 6 or 5:30.. that's a pretty good time.. Maybe meet somewhere and caravan over?
PeeGreen 914
530 works as well. We are staying at the Sheridan off Harbor Island Drive. We have a rental car today but we won't on tuesday so I will need to figure out how to get where we are going. My number is 206-954-3006 if you guys want to call me.

'73-914kid
So, Sean, are we good to meet at your shop at aroudn 5:30 tonight?
PeeGreen 914
Sounds like anyone wanting to meet tonight be at Sean's shop tonight around 530
'73-914kid
6233 university
san diego ca 92115

This is his address. If you see the gas station on the right you've gone too far.. It's tucked behind a bunch of stuff.

If you can't find it, give me a call at 760.936.6063 Ask for Ethan
sean_v8_914
ok, lets kill htis thread and move t the tuesday thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.