Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego Teener Tuesday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
In the PNW we have been having Teener Tuesdays for a long time. This Tuesday I am going to be in San Diego and thought it would be fun to have a Teener Tuesday down here. Lets get the guys (and gals) together and have some fun beerchug.gif

I have heard Sean Malloy's shop as an option but have not heard from him. Any other good pubs or something else for a meeting place beer3.gif
siverson
Sure, I'd try and make it. I'll be coming from Oceanside (north county).

I can't think of a good place to meet right now. Stone Brewery comes to mind - a great place and good parking, but way out in Vista (not far for me, but it's a drive from downtown)... Any other ideas?

Phils BBQ in Sports Arena (yum, but parking is tough there). Ki's?

-Steve
PeeGreen 914
Sweet. I am game for whatever. smile.gif
'73-914kid
Haha, my boss loves Stone Brewery.. Let me know what you guys decide on.. I have no real preferences, but Downtown San Diego is a bit of a drive on a school night for me.. It would still be worth it though.. You mentioned fish tacos.. there are taco shops everywhere in Socal..haha
PeeGreen 914
My coworker that I will be there with is crazy about fish tacos so I thought it would be fun to show him what the teener community was like while we were down there.

Looking forward to Tuesday night beerchug.gif
siverson
Well, the best place for Fish Tacos is South Beach in Ocean Beach. I suppose I could make the drive if most of the others are down there... But right now we just have 3? Or?

-Steve
PeeGreen 914
I'm sure we will be fine with where you guys pick. We will have had a few fish tacos before Tuesdy I am sure wacko.gif

Who all is in? We won't have a car so we will need to figure out how to get to where we are going.
sean_v8_914
my shop would be great or...
if its at my shop, i can bring my 914 (push it in)
sean_v8_914
what time ya'll wanna meet up?
PeeGreen 914
5:00ish or 6:00ish. I don't know what time the conventions end each day but I would guess they are over by 4 at the latest
effutuo101
Hey Jon,
Look up La Posta for mexican food. It will reset your standards for a taco shop.
Have fun!
PeeGreen 914
Hey, you going to be around Chris? I thought you were going to be in the area as well.
'73-914kid
6 would honestly be best for me.. I can get off work around 5:00 and make it down to Sean's shop in 45 minutes to an hour given traffic isn't too bad.. (how's the traffic going south on a tuesday Sean?)

If you guys want to go earlier, that's fine by me.. I'm sure I can get off work even earlier. Whatever works best for everyone else.

Is the 10jereen up and running Sean?
PeeGreen 914
works for me biggrin.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 21 2010, 10:59 AM) *

Hey, you going to be around Chris? I thought you were going to be in the area as well.

Nope, not until next week and I am booked with family stuff to take care of.. I will meet the SD guys eventually.
sean_v8_914
10jereen is in tip top TTOD ownin' shape. my street car is finally off the jack stands in teh corner of the shop and standing on his own 4 tires now.
'73-914kid
So if we head out on a drive, i take it you'll have the 10jereen on the road? haha
PeeGreen 914
I can't wait to see the 10jereen aktion035.gif
sean_v8_914
Porsches or MX grub...? drive or eat?
Tuesday 6pm...
sean_v8_914
im gonna put it up on craigs list, see if we can find a few other closet 914 owners lurking
Tues, 6pm
6233 university
san diego ca 92115
PeeGreen 914
Sweet smile.gif . History in the making. I guess we can figure out some details at dinner tonight.
PeeGreen 914
Last night was a great time with great people and amazing food. Looking forward to Tuesdat biggrin.gif
sean_v8_914
low light cell phone image
sean_v8_914
we managed to talk about non car topics. see ya'll Tuesday
sean_v8_914
lets BBQ and cut up a car or weld something or build a trans...
ericread
So are you talking about getting together on Tuesday, May 25?

Eric
'73-914kid
I wouldn't mind building up a new gearbox for my car..haha

I have a second parts gearbox at home if you're serious... I have plenty of gears
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(ericread @ May 24 2010, 11:29 AM) *

So are you talking about getting together on Tuesday, May 25?

Eric

Yes, tomorrow night at Sean's shop.
sean_v8_914
lets chop up Bruce's rusty hunk a junk...engine drop in 10 min?
PeeGreen 914
Bar Bee Que piratenanner.gif
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif sawzall-smiley.gif chowtime.gif smash.gif beer3.gif aktion035.gif
PeeGreen 914
See you guys in an hour biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
It was a fun time meeting all you guys. Thanks for taking the time to visit guys smile.gif . Any time you guys come to the PNW we will return the favor.
sean_v8_914
I want to build Ziggy up as a grand touring car. me and Sue would then travel in it and hit some AX venues along the way...your way next year. I look forward to meeting the rest of the PNW guys. it was nice to have a garage full of like minded car nuts
effutuo101
Sorry I missed meeting up with you all. busy trip family wise.
PeeGreen 914
Well Chris, if you have the time you HAVE to go meet Saun. Very nice guy and a great person for our little community.

Saun, we would love to have you up at an AX event aktion035.gif . Thanks for the fun week. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.