Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carlisle Import / Kit / Replicar Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zymurgist
Carlisle starts today! There will be a lot of Speedster replicas there... I think Beck was there last year (or was it the year before last?) with the 550 and Speedster replicas too.
camaroz1985
I'll be there tomorrow and sunday, doing tech and instructing at the autocross, and testing our Lemons car (Hopefully, that is if I can get it all back together tonight).
zymurgist
Cool! I'll be there tomorrow only, but I've got my windshield sticker for the showfield. Not that I car about showing my car, I just like parking on the fairgrounds. (I do that for the Corvette show too.)
plas76targa
I'm doing an AX with Potomac PCA down in Bowie tomorrow am. One of these years I'll make this show. Those BECK 550's are cool.

Take pictures and post back!

Ken the pool is almost ready, stop by and cannonball!
zymurgist
Will do Matt. I need a destination for the bike, although US 15 may be a bit hairy for a new biker.
kenshapiro2002
I'll be there but either taking the bike or the non-914 car...waiting for my new ball joints.
VaccaRabite
I was going to try and go today, but its not going to happen. Too much is going on at once, as we are trying to get all the house stuff done before classes start again June 2.

Zach
zymurgist
Y'all can PM me for my number if you want to text me there.
kenshapiro2002
Beck was there as well as JPS and Intermecannica. The JPS cars were half the cost of the Intermeccanicas and looked as good if not better. There were three 914s there when I was there on Saturday. I'm putting up pictures below. A fourth one (black) was for sale in the corral for $16,500 and looked like a $5,000 car to me...pretty unimpressive.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

QUOTE(zymurgist @ May 21 2010, 08:53 AM) *

Carlisle starts today! There will be a lot of Speedster replicas there... I think Beck was there last year (or was it the year before last?) with the 550 and Speedster replicas too.

Jacob
Thanks for the pictures. I just could not make it this year.
Any good stuff in the swap meet?
Since Ebay, the swap meet part seems to shrink every year.
zymurgist
Swap meet is good if you are into British cars or old tools. One vendor had a 1:43 diecast 914 unopened in box, but the paint looked bad and the stickers were crooked and he wouldn't budge on price, so I passed it up.

I think I'll go back tomorrow since I missed the buildings with the BMW cars and the vintage Japanese motorcycles. Also to try to win the giveaway car, of course.
Dr Evil
The Martini car is Paul's smile.gif
type47
Couldn't go this year (for the first time in about 10 yrs). We played for a birthday party rock_band.gif and I'm running a fever and it's raining heavily today.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.