Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914.611.031.00
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History > Parts Vault
McMark
The cable is ~4'8" long as corresponds to ~2AWG cable.

The eyelet connection attaches to the starter. The connector has a ~8mm hole, and is soldered to the cable, then shrouded in ~21mm of heat shrink. The connector is not crimped.

The battery attachment clamp is made from brass. It has a + symbol cast into it. The 'finger' which accepts the square portion of the pinch bolt has an edge to 'catch' the square and keep it from turning. The opposite 'finger' has enough clearance for the nut and a wrench. The clamp has a ~6mm bore for the wire to slip into. The ID of the clamp is tapered to match the battery post. The clamp is soldered to the cable.

The pinch bolt had a provision for attaching the four big red wires from the main body harness. This 13mm x 13mm x 14mm block is drilled at tapped for a bolt (6mm x 1.00 x 12mm long). The factory original bolt has a 10mm head with a slot. The entire pinch bolt was machined from square stock. The threaded portion is 8mm x 1.25 x 29mm (~10mm left unthreaded). The entire pinch bolt assembly is made from mild steel.
IronHillRestorations
I came up with #4 gauge Mark, 2 is larger. I couldn't find a part number for the pinch bolt, being able to get new ones would be nice.
McMark
The bare copper cable is ~6.5mm diameter. All the sources I check specify that as a #2 cable. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.