Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOOHOO!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
Thanks to Steve Gaglione, Dr. 914, Tom T and many others while I worked out the kinks on my little Orangina.

She is running pretty damn well and I am going out for a DRIVE! Watch out, Anaheim Hills!

What a wonderful country we live in!

John
avidfanjpl
johannes
That's just the way it should be ! Driving ! ...
Drums66
QUOTE(johannes @ May 22 2010, 12:48 PM) *

That's just the way it should be ! Driving ! ...

Glad to hear it!(happy driver) driving.gif
avidfanjpl
It was about 8 months and 14 things, but yes, took Orangina out for a 3 hour tour.

I still need someone to REALLY tune it where I got it running and she is not misbehaving, and she loved getting thrown into turns, even on these CRAPPY Sumitomo HTR 200's, but it is time to get someone to tune it and lash the valves.

Get me to a tire store. Oops! Tuneup first! Looks like I will MISS the OCR June AX, because I can only order my tires on Friday, and maybe drop Orangina somewhere to get checked due to work and personal travel.

But, in that I will need a real tuneup and then tires, well, I can always lust after a future OCR AX in July. Speaking of which, during last July, was the first time I showed up at an AX in over 20 years!

Progress is sometimes slow. But today I got to stretch this 30something girly just wonderfully.

Got a date tonight with another Orangina, so the metal one goes to sleep for a day.

Again, thank you to all who commented on my woes, which are seemingly gone in a puff of tire drift!

John
avidfanjpl

Tom_T
AX - 6/13/10 at El Toro
Latest event news: Follow us at www.twitter.com/ocrautox
To Register: Go to: www.pcaocr.org

Porsches & Doughnuts @ Krispy Kreme 6/19 - "be there or be square!" - as they used to say in our youth.

John, email me for brkf or lunch at Old Towne sometime, so I can drooley.gif suitably! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ May 22 2010, 02:16 PM) *

It was about 8 months and 14 things, but yes, took Orangina out for a 3 hour tour.

I still need someone to REALLY tune it where I got it running and she is not misbehaving, and she loved getting thrown into turns, even on these CRAPPY Sumitomo HTR 200's, but it is time to get someone to tune it and lash the valves.

Get me to a tire store. Oops! Tuneup first! Looks like I will MISS the OCR June AX, because I can only order my tires on Friday, and maybe drop Orangina somewhere to get checked due to work and personal travel.

But, in that I will need a real tuneup and then tires, well, I can always lust after a future OCR AX in July. Speaking of which, during last July, was the first time I showed up at an AX in over 20 years!

Progress is sometimes slow. But today I got to stretch this 30something girly just wonderfully.

Got a date tonight with another Orangina, so the metal one goes to sleep for a day.

Again, thank you to all who commented on my woes, which are seemingly gone in a puff of tire drift!

John
avidfanjpl

Try Discount Tires & Tires Warehouse (one on Tustin & other W. Chapman in Orange) or Allen Tires (Tustin in Santa Ana), as I think that they can get them for you faster & mount them.

Try these guys on the engine, as they did the 2.0 Racer in Seal Beach I told you about, per Mike Sawyer:
"Der Buggy in Garden Grove
13032 Benton Street Garden Grove, CA 92843-1104 - (714) 530-6940
Lew Strain is the guy.
Excellent work on the engines at a more than reasonable price."

Unfortunately my guy Hans in Huntington Beach isn't taking new customers on the older cars like our 914s, but I can call & ask on Monday if he'd take you on, but he may want you other business on the other cars too. I still drive over there for all of mine, even since I moved from HB in 85, & have gone to him since 75. Email me or call my cell if you want to know more about Hans Imports.
avidfanjpl
Tom T - Your ears should be burning. Steve Gaglione and I were discussing what a fantastic guy you are for helping EVERYONE!

You are ALWAYS fast with help. It is getting to the point where I will have to start helping on your car!

And since you know everyone, I will wait for you to direct me on getting Orangina to either person you recommend. I would like to get someone good on the 914, and SINCE SHE NOW RUNS, I can drive it some place further than the exit of my garage door. She ran really nicely, but I know someone else has to get a timing light on this to get her better timed and so on.

I will wait to hear from you. I will pm my cell to you.

And even if I am driving the Hondoo or Infinity, lunch sounds good soon. I am buying. Your money is no good.

SO - That being said..................I am pretty slammed until June 2 with travel, so I can't even show up anywhere for a tuneup till after then.

But, Orangina runs, and after a tuneup, then some skins (Think I am decided about Kumho Ecsta XS 205/50), THEN I can think about spending money on an AX entry.

It was ALL about getting everything done so I could pass inspection at the OCR AX.

Now that I can, I am about out of time with work and 2 birthdays closing in on me.

PM to you now, Tom T

THANKS!

John

Tom_T
lol-2.gif
Steve & everyone here has helped me out so much, I'm just paying it forward. I just pm'd my cell for a call tomorrow, as I need to run off now.

I think that those tire shops carry or can get those Kumho E'x for you, maybe faster, maybe same price or better, but are also local for mounting - just watch them wherever you go that they don't puck up those Fuchs 2L alloys! dry.gif
avidfanjpl
- just watch them wherever you go that they don't puck up those Fuchs 2L alloys! dry.gif
[/quote]

My car is maybe a nice driver. It ain't no show car, and getting too close to the Fuchs or the car will reveal too much.

Sort of like a woman over 30. Keep your distance, and don't wear those reading glasses if you are going to stare at her over the dinner table.

Be discreet, and the same goes for my little Orangina. Nope, she ain't in no damn car show, but she looks damn good flashing by your daily driver.

And no, my Fuchs will not be fuched with. I will be watching!

J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.