Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Momo Prototipo VS Stock Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I have an upgraded stocker... I'm moving from an 8-track to a real stereo...

So since I have both the stock and a Momo wheel.. both in great to excellent condition, which one do you prefer and WHY?

I haven't decided yet...
underthetire
QUOTE(RobW @ May 22 2010, 05:01 PM) *

I have an upgraded stocker... I'm moving from an 8-track to a real stereo...

So since I have both the stock and a Momo wheel.. both in great to excellent condition, which one do you prefer and WHY?

I haven't decided yet...

Momo. I like a little smaller wheel. Keep the good stock one if you want to go bone stock some day. Not to hard to swap them around.
azbill
Install the Momo wheel if you don't like take it off and use the stock wheel.
brp986s
The momo has a smaller diameter so you have less mechanical advantage. It requires more effort to turn. I get used to it after a few minutes, but it is noticeable afer getting out of my boxster with power steering. In addition, the 914 steering linkage has 2 u-joints at near 90 degrees, so the required force vs steering angle is funky, and I think the smaller diameter wheel accentuates this. I don't have much choice though since I have a 915 box and 911 pedal box which means the clutch pedal needs to be way up, which in turn causes legroom issues with the stock wheel. That was a surprise.
markb
I have both. I use the stock with a GT horn button for regular driving, and the Momo when I take it to the AX or track.
detoxcowboy
drunk.gif Sell them both and get a Porsche 930s stering wheel, very comfortable, looks great in the car and can be used for sport and street..

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Here's a different look. I just made this horn button to replace the butterfly. Crappy photo. I may drill the steering wheel flats with three holes each for that lightened race look.
turboman808
took out the montecarlo and put in the prototipo. The montecarlo is very comfortable and fits the hand like a glove. Just the prototipo looks right on any old porsche and racer car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.