Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Idle Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buhs914
Ok well i recently put gas in my car and ran it for a while. When i started it up i was holding the clutch in as usual and the RPMs were rather high for idling.. as soon as i released the clutch the RPMs dropped back down to idle.. So that means the clutch is caught up on the accelerator.. but i recently checked it after installing the terry accelerator cable and it seemed fine.. What is the main cause of these two cables getting caught on one another? Links to other threads and pics would be much appreciated.
detoxcowboy
I know nothing about carbs but the cables I do and they can get caught up on each other in the tunnel, I would if I were you open up and follow both cables that they are not in conflict with eachother or anything else in there.. And depressed the accelerator whilee looking that when it becomes taught it is not being blocked or otherwise.. Then do same with clutch, it sounds like they are laying in there in such a manner the the clutch cable is pulliong slightly on the accelorator cable maybe even lifting it ect..
underthetire
After my last cable fiasco, I'm not sure the idle would be "rather" high, more like screaming OMG shut it down quick. I would look more at the pedal assembly. Not saying it's not possible the cables are twisted, just maybe inspect the little easier stuff first.
buhs914
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 22 2010, 09:28 PM) *

After my last cable fiasco, I'm not sure the idle would be "rather" high, more like screaming OMG shut it down quick. I would look more at the pedal assembly. Not saying it's not possible the cables are twisted, just maybe inspect the little easier stuff first.

I'd have to agree with the screaming part. Tomorrow i'm going to check out the cables to be sure they are not the issue (hopefully that's it).. If it's not the issue i'll take pics and post them here for diagnosis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.