Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Wiring for 74 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
JRust
I need the rear wiring harness that goes from the smaller 12 pin harness. This goes from the relay board to the starter & coil. I have one from a 73 & it's different from what I have heard. I just want to be sure & take it out of the possible issues.

This is for my 74 LE creamsicle. So I need one from a 74 only! .I would be interested in a complete 74 Fuel injection system also.

Have plenty to trade biggrin.gif
detoxcowboy
ignition harness is what your describing and they are same for 73-76

you can check link for purchase and com[parision..

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/

triple click photo for detailed view

Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Jamie,

I think they are the same too. I have a 74 and will see if it still have the harness. Does this have anything to do with your car not getting started at WCR2010?

QUOTE(JRust @ May 22 2010, 07:18 PM) *

I need the rear wiring harness that goes from the smaller 12 pin harness. This goes from the relay board to the starter & coil. I have one from a 73 & it's different from what I have heard. I just want to be sure & take it out of the possible issues.

This is for my 74 LE creamsicle. So I need one from a 74 only! .I would be interested in a complete 74 Fuel injection system also.

JRust
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 22 2010, 11:26 PM) *

Jamie,
I think they are the same too. I have a 74 and will see if it still have the harness. Does this have anything to do with your car not getting started at WCR2010?

Yes WCR is part of it. I had issues with my FI & ignition. More the ignition side of things. Just trying to get spares to sort out issues. Or rule them out anyway.
Cheapsnake
Hey Jamie, I'm gonna sell you something yet. I've got the rear harness out of my 73. At your door for $25.

Tom
Tom_T
QUOTE(JRust @ May 22 2010, 09:18 PM) *

Jaimie - on this & other engine bay harnesses, I would highly recommend getting Jeff Bowlsby's restored/rebuilt ones - which are all new wiring with only the NLA connectors & available in black or OE grey wrap.

Why? - the engine heat makes them get brittle insulation, crack & short out! Plus Jeff knows LE's, so he can get you sorted out with the correct harnesses in there. biggrin.gif

Go here & then email him to advise you on what to get & what you'll need. He's always glad to help a fellow Creamsicle owner! biggrin.gif

http://bowlsby.net/914/WiringHarnesses/
JRust
QUOTE(Cheapsnake @ May 23 2010, 05:20 PM) *

Hey Jamie, I'm gonna sell you something yet. I've got the rear harness out of my 73. At your door for $25.

Tom

Hey Tom unfortunately I have one out of a 73 allready. Sounds like they are the same anyway. For now I am just going to put my carbs on & forget about the FI. Until I get my break in miles done & can drive the car some. Then I will get back to figuring out the FI. Plus if this works with my carbs. Why wouldn't it work with the FI. It still uses the same wiring loom. Thanks
hot_shoe914
I think since you are having so much trouble with it you should just give it to me. I have a guy that will have it running in no time at all, especially if it pisses him off and challenges him. May, just maybe, I will give it back when I am all done playing with it. poke.gif

Shoe

p.s., I might toss in my Bumble Bee for you to play with til I decide to give yours back, and it already runs. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.