Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Piston pin offset for AA auto products 2L 4-cyl please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jess p
I bought a set of 94mm pistons for my 914.They are AA auto products. There are
no arrows on pistons for direction for offset. Any help please appreciated.
rick 918-S
welcome.png I don't have your answer. Just givin ya a icon_bump.gif I don't think there is a concern like a chevy engine. Deck height is the absolute along with cylinder height. This establishes compression and insures a proper head sealing mate. I have read that guys swap the cylinders around until they get the best equal starting point then work on piston height for compression and cylinder height for an even head mating surface.

Show us your car. thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Not knowing who manufactured your pistons, why not call the dr and ask him? The Keith black 96mm pistons do not have the offset wrist pin so it doesn't matter.
SLITS
I emailed them (AA is in El Monte, CA), and they said it didn't make any difference. This was on a set of 96mm.
McMark
The 94s are flat tops, right? They install either way.
tat2dphreak
this came up once before, on 96s anyway... the valve cutout impressions were under the piston which gave a clue about install... idk if the 94s have the emboss, but if it doesn't, then the flat tops shouldn't matter how you install them.
jess p
Awesome

Thanks for all your help.

71 914 2.0L
70 914 3.2 CONVERSION
76 911S
81 911SC
66 912 V8 SBC
ME733
..........Just measure, with a calaper, the wrist pin hole , to the outside of the piston...in the same plane.....if the wrist pin IS offset you will see the difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.