Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: modified throttle cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I am thinking of using a different cable sys to improve pedal feel
your ideas,thoughts, quips, and insults are all welcome
underthetire
My biggest improvement was.....replacing with a new stock one.
sean_v8_914
clean the tube in teh tunel.
use a terry cable, dry
new gas pedal, no rubber molded around teh pivot
ditch the monster return springs
optimaize "pull angles.
carbs or FI?
pete-stevers
it is a 3.0 cis six
i have replaced the cable ...no change
i am thinking of decreasing the throw, by increasing the lower throttle lever's length
on the arm mounted on the tranny( modified 911 part)
but i want a smooth pull, and it is currently notchy/sticky
sean_v8_914
i understand your pursuit of smooth threottle feel, it is critical for smooth fast performance driving. notchy indicates a sticking point in teh system. isolate each segment of the system untill you find the "rub"
try the pedal by its self, then with a helper or a cleverly placed spring, feel just the cable.
then put a slight load on the bell crank and move it thu its motion....yadda, yadda, yadda..
realred914
My V6 914 has a custom cable, a bicyle shifter cable from a long tandam bike. had to rig up the linkage at teh carborator (holley) but the bike cable worked great
pete-stevers
QUOTE(realred914 @ May 24 2010, 10:24 AM) *

My V6 914 has a custom cable, a bicyle shifter cable from a long tandam bike. had to rig up the linkage at teh carborator (holley) but the bike cable worked great

That is what i was thinking too, i bet a bicycle cable is better built than the current cable sys ....that is what i might just do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.