Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler question: Huey's 3.2/6 upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
I've had a homemade 'sport' muffler on Huey with the 2.5, then 2.7. It was kind of loud, but not terrible. Well, we put the 3.2 in it last week, and started it up with that same muffler. I would swear we had just straight pipes/megaphones on it! Wow, was it loud.

so, I need a suggestion as to a good sport muffler that is quiet enough to not wake up the entire neighborhood and be able to talk in the car, but still sound good.

thoughts? ideas?

I can't guarantee that the muffler I have is built 'correctly' as a sport muffler, I think it just had two holes cut in the middle and welded pipes to it. But, what is anybody else using on bigger engines?

thanks
rfuerst911sc
I really like the M&K mufflers made by Ben McFarland. I have one on my 911SC and also on the 914 with a 3.0. Both are a 2 in 2 out configuration. I would go with a Gen VI 2 in 2 out or a 2 in 1 out. For daily driving I " cap " the passenger side outlet to keep the noise down. At the track or AX or just when I'm pissed off biggrin.gif I uncap the passenger side and let her rip !!! Ben is an enthusiest and makes great mufflers. They are all 321SS vs. all competitors using 304SS. Welds are true art and the mufflers are VERY light. On my 911 they fit perfect bolting onto the SSI heat exchangers. On the 914 it fit perfect to the header extensions I made. I truly believe these are the last mufflers I will EVER have to purchase.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(naro914 @ May 23 2010, 04:03 PM) *

But, what is anybody else using on bigger engines?

When this question comes up on the 911 lists the Monty always gets high marks and good reviews.

Phase 9 has minimal power loss of you've got the budget for 'em...
SirAndy
PMS used to sell these as "Laguna Mufflers" because they pass sound at Laguna Seca ...

I'm very happy with the sound!

IPB Image

IPB Image

shades.gif Andy
turboman808
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 23 2010, 12:54 PM) *

PMS used to sell these as "Laguna Mufflers" because they pass sound at Laguna Seca ...

I'm very happy with the sound!

I really think porsche owners are all deaf. biggrin.gif

I did a 2 in 2 out magnaflow and it makes a nice sound. However having ITBs and no back pad make the car loud as hell anyways. Cruising at 60mph the car is pretty quiet with a low rumble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.