Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got the new wheels mounted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
OMG i wan't expecting such an improvement in handling! the tires (same tires) hold the pavement MUCH better on these rims than the old rivieras...

not a great pic, but it will do for now:
415PB
Looks great. smilie_pokal.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Nathan, I like it a bunch. Whoever said rubber bumpers are ugly,:finger2:
nebreitling
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 4 2004, 04:16 PM)
Whoever said rubber bumpers are ugly,:finger2:

Hell yeah!

as a daily driver, those bumpers have saved my car from bruises more than once! (and i've heard that they're not as heavy as everyone says)

Thanks, guys!
TheCabinetmaker
Yep. I heard they weigh 100lbs each. I took them off one day to see what it would take to retrofit to the early style. 100 lbs? Bullshit! 35lbs each tops. The weight is in the bumper only. The shock absorbers don't weigh nuttin. I put them back on and will keep them on smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
I weighed mine when took them off and I got 85lbs front and rear together.

Yep, good if you're 914 is a dd especially if no one can see it when they back up.

Geoff laugh.gif
ablose58
Nice wheels aktion035.gif AL
DuckRyder
Nice, What are those old Rials (or Ronals maybe?)

Hopefully I can post up my new revolutions soon. smile.gif
Mueller
damn...those look nice !!!!

huge improvement on how the car looks smilie_pokal.gif
STL914
Nathan,

Love those wheels and the red center caps. What type of wheels are they? clap56.gif

Can I ask what color red your car is, factory OEM color ar
one of your choosing?
AZ914
Great pic!! Are those BBS wheels? What size?

Big bumper red cars rock!! aktion035.gif
nebreitling
these are a custom 3-piece rim made in the 80's by Epsilon (now defunct). they are incredibly light, 6.5+" wide, will fit 205's under stock fenders no problem. i'm running 195/50's right now, as that's all i could safely get onto my old riv's. PLENTY of grip for my purposes. quite an improvement (over the rivs) in the way the tire sits on the rim.

paint is not oem, by a PO. still buffs nice.

thanks for your nice comments!

happy11.gif n
Rockaria
Yellow ones too, and they are faster...

IPB Image
DuckRyder
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Apr 5 2004, 01:35 PM)
these are a custom 3-piece rim made in the 80's by Epsilon (now defunct). happy11.gif n

Those were big money, catered to the ferrari crowd....................
nebreitling
really? i've only seen them on an 80's corvette and a 911. any more info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

i paid $500 for all four, pretty damn good deal, i thought (though the GF was kinda pissed). the guys who mounted the tires told me that they were nearly perfect in balance, couldn't find a flaw.
timecop369
Nice WHEELS Nathan! It's like deja vu w/ mine. LOL

This is my first 914, so I thought the great handling comes w/ all 914. Maybe it's in the rims, tires, & suspension I have. I guess I lucked out on my purchase a couple years back, as all I had to do was a couple small things and it's gas and go w/ my 914.

We'll definitely have to go for a drive on Page Mill Rd next week. Sorry, this week is no good as I have to replace my valve cover gasket.

timecop369
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Apr 4 2004, 04:16 PM)
Nathan, I like it a bunch. Whoever said rubber bumpers are ugly,:finger2:

Certainly not me!!
wink.gif
Those wheels look great! smilie_pokal.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Apr 5 2004, 09:30 AM)

Big bumper red cars rock!!   aktion035.gif

AMEN, brother
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.