Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on CL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
tnchris
Saw this on the Orlando Craigslist earlier. The add doesn't say much about it. I have no affiliation with this car, I just thought I'd pass it on.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1755409049.html
underthetire
seems pretty cheap to me.
ChicagoPete
Seems a little TOO cheap. Far too many scams going on these days. Have been going over the internet looking for a new truck for my wife and I cannot believe how many scams you come across...or should I say attempted scams.

You would tend to think there are some cars off their radar, think again.

Not saying this is one, sure seems like it.

Peter
carr914
Brian Cheney & I have both talked to the Seller. The car is real, but I don't know about the price. Now has a T motor, I think the pans were replaced amateur. After Brian & I both asked to set up a look, our calls were not returned. confused24.gif

We will let you guys know.

T.C.
skipnsb
I hope to see the car tomorrow, there is some confusion but its only an hour away.

Not original engine, not running, pretty much all together, vague answer on body rust. I think the title is tied up in probate, not sure.
Real 914-6 vin starts with 914, right?
But if decent body and real 914-6, is it worth the asking price? Skip
tat2dphreak
if complete, it's probably worth the price, assuming major body is ok, and major engine components are usable..
Jeffs9146
Real 914-6 vin starts with 914, right?

Yes

if complete, it's probably worth the price, assuming major body is ok, and major engine components are usable..

agree.gif

Depending on RUST!
Pete00
Their answering machine is full. I got one returned email saying they were really busy and would get back later.

I called a friend in Ft Lauderdale and told him to go up and get it, but cant get in touch with the owner at all.

Who ever gets it is getting a good deal I would think.

Good Luck local FL guys !

If its in Probate, good luck with that !
jagalyn
Just talked to the owner. The car is sold... and I guess paid for.
Buyers picking it up this weekend.
bcheney
I wonder what really happpened with this sale. I tried for three days to set a time to see the car. Hopefully the buyer got what they paid for.
skipnsb
When I called she seemed friendly and wanted to tell me all about it. Supposedly was raced, had real Fuchs, the original motor in a box, a non running T motor.

When I told her I was local and could come over next morning with cash and a trailer I got a "will call you back" to set up time.

Never did.

Was this real or a scam?
carr914
QUOTE(skipnsb @ May 27 2010, 12:36 AM) *

When I called she seemed friendly and wanted to tell me all about it. Supposedly was raced, had real Fuchs, the original motor in a box, a non running T motor.

When I told her I was local and could come over next morning with cash and a trailer I got a "will call you back" to set up time.

Never did.

agree.gif

My same exact story, except I don't remember her telling me about the car being raced. She did say it was owned previously by an ex-president of the GoldCoast PCA region and that it was in a picture of Road & Track at a PCA Parade.

T.C.
URY914
I just looked at the CL ad after talking to TC this morning. I think in the future if you need to post pictures of a 914 don't take the pics in the rain with the trunk lid open. Just saying....
URY914
And another thing............how come this thread has posts from three guys that only have one post and a guy that has zero posts? WTF?

Seems like when someone has 914-6 for cheap it brings out the best.
skipnsb
"And another thing............how come this thread has posts from three guys that only have one post and a guy that has zero posts? WTF?

Seems like when someone has 914-6 for cheap it brings out the best."

Well, until I get a running 914, I don't have a whole lot to post about.
carr914
QUOTE(skipnsb @ May 27 2010, 10:22 PM) *

Well, until I get a running 914, I don't have a whole lot to post about.

lol-2.gif

Also, as strange as this thing was, I don't see being a Scam. If it was she would have taken money from all of us. Discourtiest, yes, Slick, No
jagalyn
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 27 2010, 12:05 PM) *

And another thing............how come this thread has posts from three guys that only have one post and a guy that has zero posts? WTF?

Seems like when someone has 914-6 for cheap it brings out the best.

Is this "profiling"? Aren't we all suppose to be treated "equal" and "fairly"... where's the "tolerance"? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.