Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Coming to the end of my deployment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jcambo7
Well I am coming to the end of my first deployment with the USAF. I have been here for 136 days now. We were only supposed to be here for 120 days but we got extended due to some excercises happening at our home station. Oh well, I honestly can't complain because their are of course others in the military that have it worse than I did. I leave on Wednesday from here and should arrive in Oklahoma around noon. Going to be a long trip and I am not looking forward to the length. I am looking forward to returning back to my usual life and a new 914 I am getting when I get back home. driving.gif is what I will doing!
Wannabe 914-6 owner
Thank you for your service and Welcome HOME piratenanner.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif
GeorgeRud
Many, many years ago, I also had to be out of the country for 9 months, and had to leave my 914 home in storage. It was a whole lot of fun to get back and drive it again after that long a time.

It goes without saying, thank you for your service!
jcambo7
Thank you! drunk.gif
rick 918-S
Thank you for your service. Pace yourself when you get home.
snakemain
Awesome! Also in Oklahoma and in the USAF. I'll head out on my 5th deployment in December...6 more months away from my wife and new baby. And there are a lot of guys who have it a lot worse than me.

Really really hoping to have my car finished by then, but it'll probably end up waiting until next summer. Been trying to get on the body shop's calendar for flare install and paint for months. Apparently they're busy.

Best of luck and smooth travels on your way home!
6freak
QUOTE(Wannabe 914-6 owner @ May 24 2010, 07:07 AM) *

Thank you for your service and Welcom HOME piratenanner.gif drunk.gif beerchug.gif

what he said beerchug.gif
Mary Shortridge
A BIG WELCOME HOME! and an even bigger THANK YOU!!! Enjoy that ride with the top off!
azbill
Thank you for your service Keep your head down finish your tour safe. Yes it is a long ride home did a non stop from Baharain to New York. Once was enough

Tom

agree.gif
Hope the trip back will be safe. I used to worry after being gone for 6 months and surviving, then have something bad happen when traveling back. Too many deployments!
Tom
zymurgist
Thank you for your service, and have a safe trip home. flag.gif
Tom_T
flag.gif Thanx for your service, safe travels & welcome home.

Also hook up with the several OK Teeners on here for some fun group drives & BS sessions as well! biggrin.gif

My nephew was Army Airborne & deployed to Iraq for 12 mos. that turned into 18+ a couple of years back, which delayed his "formal wedding/reception" 1/2 a year! S**T happens & things are ofter FUBAR in service! dry.gif

Keep it tame through the small towns in OK, as speeding tickets are often their main source of town revenue! biggrin.gif
Grelber
Thanks again for your service. My son-in-law is an E6, currently deployed in Korea.
Joe Owensby
Thanks for serving our country. Have a safe return. Good luck. JoeO
jcambo7
Thanks everyone! I definitely will take it slow when I get back to Oklahoma. Just going to relax with my girlfriend and celebrate our 3 year anniversary one the 1st of June. Than my 914 should be in my possession by the end of the second week of June so I can drive it like I stole. Definitely will be watching out for cops though. They love speeders. I have encountered them a few times already.
jcambo7
QUOTE(snakemain @ May 24 2010, 09:01 AM) *

Awesome! Also in Oklahoma and in the USAF. I'll head out on my 5th deployment in December...6 more months away from my wife and new baby. And there are a lot of guys who have it a lot worse than me.

Really really hoping to have my car finished by then, but it'll probably end up waiting until next summer. Been trying to get on the body shop's calendar for flare install and paint for months. Apparently they're busy.

Best of luck and smooth travels on your way home!

We should get together when I get back. I would love to see your teener and maybe even help you work on it. Wow, 5 deployments... Hope to meet you soon.
SteveL
Thank you for keeping my family safe, and welcome home!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.