Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I would like to hook up the heat in my car when I am done the engine. The problem is, most of the heating tin is rotten and I don't have the air flapper boxes. Can these be easily replaced with better ones or am I stuck buying new ones from AA. blink.gif Can you find good used ones out there?
Most of the tin I might be able to weld up and patch but I can't make the flapper boxes. Any suggestions?
Tx
Doug
bernbomb914
attend swap meets for 914s or look on ebitch

Bernie
dmenche914
Why are you cold, not enough drunk women? At anyrate, try posting a want ad for the heater parts you require. Also see if Brad Roberts (on this list) can supply some used heater parts for you from HPH. parts shouldn't be that expensive, as they generally do not rust (at least in Calif) becuase of a good coating of engine oil! and when a car is parted out from being in a wreck, the heater parts are generally not damaged, so there has got to be alot of used ones around.

Also consider air cooled VW van (type IV) heater parts, not sure if the flapper boxxes are same or not, but they look simular, might be more available locally for you.

good luck, don't freeze!

dave
echocanyons
I got a couple boxes of that crap email me and ill get you some pictures maybe we can work a deal
Ray Warren
Doug you should get the heat working.
You will be suprised just how much heat these things can put out.

(I sent you an email)
Ray Warren
"email was undeliverable"

here it is

Try these guys. The shipping would be a lot cheaper than shipping from the us.
Yes they cost more here but it works out to about the same in the end.

Harmony Road Porsche Parts & Services
3217 Harmony Road North, Oshawa, ON L1H8L7
(905) 655-5644

Mikes 914's 520 Fox Street, Unit 2, Oshawa, Ontario, L1J 6X3, Canada
905-579-6714 www.mikes914s.com

www.porschapart.com/index.html (Toronto)

I put my car back together (bought it in pieces) and have never had to buy any thing from the US so far.

Ray...
Joe Bob
GPR in San Luis Obispo CA....

800-321-5432
SirAndy
flapper boxes can be picked up from your local porsche used-parts place for cheap. get the stainless steel SSI heat exchangers and never freeze again ...

Andy
SirAndy
call EASY in emeryville. best placce for cheap used parts ...
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914ray @ Apr 4 2004, 05:30 PM)
Mikes 914's 520 Fox Street, Unit 2, Oshawa, Ontario, L1J 6X3, Canada
905-579-6714 www.mikes914s.com

Mike’s 914 has moved to a new shop in Colbourne (40min. east of Oshawa)
His new number is: 1-905-355-2703 or his cell 1-905-922-8987

Mike should be here any moment now, I just bead blasted a wack of SC calipers and 3.0 P-parts for him.

Alex (Harmony road) is a good guy but he tends to be pricey.

There is always Mark’s Aircooled at 1-905-797-2677 wink.gif

If the flapper boxes are the same as bus I can get you new ones.
SSI heat exchangers come up for sale on ebay all the time, half price or less of new.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Apr 4 2004, 04:43 PM)
Most of the tin I might be able to weld up and patch but I can't make the flapper boxes. Any suggestions?

If you can patch up your heat exchangers I might have a set of SSI 2.0 heat exchangers for sale next year when I go to headers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.