Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who's is this!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
silver74insocal
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=966438

really nice looking never heard of a turbo diesel swap. anyone else seen this?
rohar
I may have a bit of a line on this car. Oddly enough, I just heard about a car that matches the description of this one almost perfectly from a guy I sold an engine to this weekend. I'll send him an email and find out if it's the same one.

1.6 TD on a stock 914 tranny sounds like hell from my perspective...
silver74insocal
QUOTE(rohar @ May 24 2010, 08:28 PM) *

I may have a bit of a line on this car. Oddly enough, I just heard about a car that matches the description of this one almost perfectly from a guy I sold an engine to this weekend. I'll send him an email and find out if it's the same one.

too much torque?
tat2dphreak
too much torque?

too much 'diesel' smile.gif
rohar
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ May 24 2010, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(rohar @ May 24 2010, 08:28 PM) *

too much torque?

Nah, redline's at like 3000. Top end has gotta be like 55.
Dr Evil
I think I could build a 4 speed for that engine that would make it do pretty damn well smile.gif
silver74insocal
i was hopin the doc would chime in...can you elaborate? popcorn[1].gif
roadster fan
Looks like a decent car but not so sure about the size of the hot air outlets in the front trunk. He says it cools well though so what do I know.

Anyone know what kinda mileage you could expect from this combo?

Jim
Dr Evil
The week point to be concerned about is our 1st gear which hangs out, alone, in the tail cone. Depending on the tq curve of this engine, there are 1st gear (A) that are in the 2nd gear site on the shaft which are more robust. If it does not need that kind of gearing, a taller gear can be used: GA, F. Since 3k is probably red line, a flipped H in the old 5th spot would be great for cruising. It all depends on the tq curve.
Tom_T
lol-2.gif
From the ad - "Awesome gas mileage, and could be converted to run straight Veggie if you wanted. "

So does that mean it would become a teen with green exhaust!!?? confused24.gif

Paint it Green icon8.gif alien_2.gif froggy.gif locust.gif irish914.jpg ravenna914.jpg & the Veggie-Teen strikes again! av-943.gif
rascobo
An older couple attending the 2008 'Parts Obsolete Camp Out' drove one they built, down from Canada. I remember He was quite proud of the mileage they got, IIRC somewhere in the upper 30's
type11969
Cool, but a TD swap is really only worth it if you re-work the tranny or swap in a TD tranny. Someday I'd like to do a tdi swap with a b5 passat diesel tranny. Although I am curious if a tdi transverse powerplant w/tranny would fit between the suspension ears . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.