Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Gonna be in the Bay area this holiday weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
agentblr
This will be my first time to San Francisco, In fact my first trip to CA ! Just wondering if any could give some recommendations. My friend I'm going with has been before so she has seen all the "regular" tourist stuff like Alcatraz and the fishermans warf. Any type of cars and coffee events or anything P-car or Italian related would be sweet.
underthetire
Sacramento family reunion on sunday, autocross on sat i believe.
Borderline
There is a PCA autocross in the parking lot at Infineon Raceway (Sear Point). A chance to see the track and some cars if you are so inclined: May 29th
Woodside914
For a really nice short drive, take Highway 101 across the Golden Gate Bridge and take the 1st exit ALEXANDER AVE., and follow as it winds down the hill to Sausalito. Some great shops right along the water, and have lunch at Scoma's Restaurant - the fresh crab sandwhich is awesome!

Afterwards, go back up Alexander Ave. towards the Golden Gate Bridge, but instead go straight thru Bunker Drive - it's an old One-Way military tunnel headed west through the mountain that comes out on the Marin Headlands - with some amazing views of the Golden Gate & the ocean smile.gif

Have fun!

-Ken
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Borderline @ May 25 2010, 08:55 AM) *

There is a PCA autocross in the parking lot at Infineon Raceway (Sear Point). A chance to see the track and some cars if you are so inclined: May 29th

agree.gif
See you at the autocross race beerchug.gif
Drive around the Bay: north over GG bridge, east on HWY 37 to Infineon, hit hwy 80 then west to complete the loop. HWY 80 traffic sucks though, but the 37 has great wetlands, birding, and fishing
cobra94563
For first time in the area, I would choose to see other local attractions, myself. But if you're interested -

Diablo Region 26th Annual Porsche Wash N Shine When: Memorial Day Weekend Sunday, May 30, 2010 Look up details on their website.

If you're still here next weekend, part heaven's swap meet and show.

underthetire
QUOTE(Woodside914 @ May 25 2010, 09:17 AM) *

For a really nice short drive, take Highway 101 across the Golden Gate Bridge and take the 1st exit ALEXANDER AVE., and follow as it winds down the hill to Sausalito. Some great shops right along the water, and have lunch at Scoma's Restaurant - the fresh crab sandwhich is awesome!

Afterwards, go back up Alexander Ave. towards the Golden Gate Bridge, but instead go straight thru Bunker Drive - it's an old One-Way military tunnel headed west through the mountain that comes out on the Marin Headlands - with some amazing views of the Golden Gate & the ocean smile.gif

Have fun!

-Ken

Dam a crab sandwich sounds good.
realred914
warbirds (collins foundation) at moffett field thru saturday, B17 and B24 rides!! fun!!!!! also see the ocean, it is nice, san franisco is not a nice place to visit, cold and not much worth seeing really. one of teh bay tour boats i nice to ride on, get lots of the best view of the skyline and bridges / isialnds and ships.

get a visit to the US Honet aircraft carrier, they have lots of interesting displays and great tour guides (many served on her) She is in Alameda shipyard a bit south east of san fran

the Black Hawk auto museum is nice to visit also.

there are some nice winding roads in teh hills around the bay, hiway 35 is very senic. hiway 280 is much prettier than 101 if you travel between san jose and san fran. on 280 you get a nice arieal view of SFO airport, you can look DOWN on the planes taking off!

dont forget a visit to High Performamance House,(redwood city, just between SF and san jose) it is the one stop everything 914 store and shop, he is open most saturdays till 1 pm (call first) and all weekdays , great 914 source, if you ask nice you might get a tour of the ware house, all 3 floors of it!!! massive 914 stash!
Jeffs9146
Instead of driving across the bridge you could take the fairy from the fairy building on Embarcadero to Tiberon (Scomas), Sausalito (Sams) or Oakland (jack london square, lots of restaurants) for lunch or dinner.

There is a Blues Festival in Aptos (Santa Cruz Blues Festival) all weekend!

Woodside914
he is open most saturdays till 1 pm (call first) and all weekdays , great 914 source, if you ask nice you might get a tour of the ware house, all 3 floors of it!!! massive 914 stash!

Yes, but bring a flashlight! - Rich rarely uses the lights...... confused24.gif
underthetire
There really is a lot to do/see in the bay area. You can do car stuff anywhere. I second the USS Hornet. That's a lot of fun.
Gint
Even if your friend has been there and done that, go to Fisherman's Wharf and get a crab. Yum. And the clam chowder in a bread bowl or with S.F. sour dough makes a killer breakfast! Specially with tobasco. chowtime.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(agentblr @ May 25 2010, 05:48 AM) *

This will be my first time to San Francisco, In fact my first trip to CA ! Just wondering if any could give some recommendations. My friend I'm going with has been before so she has seen all the "regular" tourist stuff like Alcatraz and the fishermans warf. Any type of cars and coffee events or anything P-car or Italian related would be sweet.

29th Autocross Infinion
30th Diablo PCA wash n shine, Danville, CA
30th Bug O Rama, Sacramento, CA
30th 914 Family Reunion, Fair Oaks, CA

For the best crab sandwich on the West Coast... Nick's in Pacifica. Right on the beach 15 min south of SF.
agentblr
Wow !! Thanks for the suggestions...so much stuff going on,every time I leave Kansas City and come back I question why I live in the midwest confused24.gif Definitely want to make it out to Sears point for the Autocross. 914 family reunion is at the top of my list as well! Now I just have to find a place at the Hotel to park the rental car.....
Lennies914
I ws planning on the reunion as well. Now I need to find out where the Bug O Rama is. I still love the vw's. beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ May 25 2010, 06:19 PM) *

I ws planning on the reunion as well. Now I need to find out where the Bug O Rama is. I still love the vw's. beerchug.gif

Sacramento Raceway
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.