Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do Not Buy ANYTHING from German Auto Dismantlers in GA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howie's 914
Do not buy anything from JOE at German Auto Dismantlers. I order a few parts from them over two months ago. I got half the parts right away the other half has not shown up. I call every day and get a different reason why they have not shipped out. They wont even refund my money. I just want to let others know so you don't have the same problem.

Dr Evil
Point JOE towards this thread and show him how many people will see it.
d914
nothing new, he's local and we dont go there!!!!
bobhasissues
QUOTE(Howie's 914 @ May 25 2010, 09:24 AM) *

Do not buy anything from JOE at German Auto Dismantlers. I order a few parts from them over two months ago. I got half the parts right away the other half has not shown up. I call every day and get a different reason why they have not shipped out. They wont even refund my money. I just want to let others know so you don't have the same problem.

Me too, same story.
BIGKAT_83
Do not buy anything from JOE at German Auto Dismantlers

agree.gif agree.gif
Screwed me too............
michaelmoo
QUOTE(d914 @ May 25 2010, 07:39 AM) *

nothing new, he's local and we dont go there!!!!

Same with me. While I've never bought anything from him, too many people I know have the same story.
mepstein
Call your credit card co.
Jake Raby
What does he owe you?
I travel by his place twice per day on my way to and from the shop and I LOVE to bring him bad news, just did that yesterday for a shop in Ohio that he did not treat fairly.

Pick up the phone and call 706.865.5177, thats the White County Sheriff's Office, they know exactly where GAD is and they will help you. They know Joe. (very well)

If you need some help, just let me know... Hell call him up and tell him that I am coming by to get the parts this afternoon and I'll ship them to you! (no joke- I have done this before!)
sean_v8_914
...doesnt get any better than that.
we have a VW guy just like him here in san diego
RJMII
lol-2.gif Jake, you rock! That's the best response in this thread. smile.gif aktion035.gif
bobhasissues
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 25 2010, 12:26 PM) *

What does he owe you?

If you need some help, just let me know... Hell call him up and tell him that I am coming by to get the parts this afternoon and I'll ship them to you! (no joke- I have done this before!)

I have an open order for a crankshaft timing gear, it showed in inventory on his website (but I'm begining to think everything does).
I already got one from another vendor, Brad Mayeur 914 Ltd. (plug).
That gear just happens to now be in your shop with my other components awaiting balancing.
Thanks for the offer though.
rudedude
I ordered a couple of 911 parts last week, hopefully they will show.
I only did that as someone I know had been getting parts from there regularly with decent success.
With my luck i'm screwed.
Jake Raby
Ok...
Joe called me.. After a lengthy (and somewhat heated) conversation Joe said the original poster should contact him because he has no idea who the person is or what the parts order included and he'll try to complete the order.

So anyone reading this post that has an outstanding order with GAD should call Joe at his desk, he is there and I just talked to him a few minutes ago. Tell him that you were the person from 914 world and he'll recognize you right away. He says he is willing to do whats necessary...

I will be meeting with Joe next week to try and iron out some differences next week, I can pick up anything from him at that time, if it helps your situation.

Let us know how this turns out for you.
Howie's 914
I talked to him twice today. He know me as Harold Nagle. When we talked today at 4:23pm he told me that he might have to order the part from a friend of his. I ordered a 911 front suspension back in Feb. I am still waiting on one strut from him. I call him everyday. I will post back tomorrow when I talk to him to see what the newest reason is.

Thanks
Howie
Jake Raby
He called me at 1638 according to my phone log...
biosurfer1
I didn't think you were allowed out of the dyno room in spring, Jake?? poke.gif biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 25 2010, 07:08 PM) *

I didn't think you were allowed out of the dyno room in spring, Jake?? poke.gif biggrin.gif

The crazy spring rush is mostly over now... This spring I had much more going on than just regular work, we've been renovating the entire facility and grounds here... 5 months of ass busting!

5 months ago I didn't own the building to the right of this picture... The property was grown up with briars and brush more than 10 feet tall. Now all we have to do is paint the outside of the new building and call it done.
Click to view attachment
bandjoey
That building looks perfect for a still, some domino tables, and a small stage. If you're opening up a do-drop-in, let us know! lol-2.gif We'll draw you a crowd. beerchug.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 25 2010, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ May 25 2010, 07:08 PM) *

5 months of ass busting!

I thought that's all you did... if it's not one project, it's another; busting ass. smile.gif

even on vacation it seems you don't actually 'stop working'. beerchug.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 25 2010, 08:36 PM) *

That building looks perfect for a still, some domino tables, and a small stage. If you're opening up a do-drop-in, let us know! lol-2.gif We'll draw you a crowd. beerchug.gif

Funny you should say that... This building was originally built in 1962 by my Grandpa... He used it as the meat processing portion of the farm that was where my facility is located. On this property there was no less than 14 stills over the years, this building housed at least two, one of which I found pieces to when I plowed up the terrace next to the building... The farm was nothing more than a cover up for one of the biggest liquor making operations in the south.. The property was out of my family for over 26 years, but I finally bought it back in January and have turned it into a super nice addition to our facility.. I'll post pics of the inside later..

I thought that's all you did... if it's not one project, it's another; busting ass.

even on vacation it seems you don't actually 'stop working'

Work is how I have fun.. if I don't do some major renovation or build a new building once per year I get bored.. I love to make things better and more efficient.

Anyway, lets stay on track- I don't want to hi-jack this thread!
jmill
I'd have the electric company check the impedance on those tranformers if you plan on running 3 phase load. In my neck of the woods we don't mix and match them like that. We frown on burning up customer equipment.

Jake Raby
QUOTE(jmill @ May 25 2010, 09:08 PM) *

I'd have the electric company check the impedance on those tranformers if you plan on running 3 phase load. In my neck of the woods we don't mix and match them like that. We frown on burning up customer equipment.

Two of them recently failed when lightning made a near direct hit on them... One is older than the rest and with the lightning we get on this hill I am sure it'll be dead by July.
RJMII
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ May 25 2010, 09:54 PM) *

Anyway, lets stay on track- I don't want to hi-jack this thread!

Oh, right. smile.gif Thanks for helping the OP and others with the GAD issues. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.