Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weber 44
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
bought a new set of weber 44 for my 2270 engine.
What jets do you suggest to start with? street only. I wishKit had his FI pkg ready but I cant wait any longer.

Bernie
Joseph Mills
Have you installed the carbs? If so, are you looking to straighten out a problem, or exact more performance? If it's problems, what are the symptoms?

With your displacement, I assume you do not have a stock cam.

With my smaller engine (2.0) and mild cam, my 44's work well with 32mm chokes, 50 idle, and 125 mains. I tried both larger idles and mains. At full throttle, "maybe" it ran better, but on the street it certainly didn't. Too damn rich. Ask anyone that was at the MUSR in Hot Springs last year. Belching blue flames out the exhaust. A leaking header at the cylinder didn't help.

Theoretically, you may be able to run everything larger. I've got some 55 idles and either 130 or 135 mains you can borrow it you want to experiment. Just cost you some postage. And you could probably use a 34mm choke with your larger displacement. Do you know what size you have now?

Unfortunately, this information is pretty much useless because I am no expert in the black-art of carbs, but I bet some of the pro's will jump in and school us. laugh.gif
Joseph Mills
Forgot to mention. I just now listed some Italian made 48 IDA's for sale on Ebay. A guy from CA called twenty minutes later, wants to put them on his 550 Beck Spyder.

Now those would bring your 2270 puppy to life! wacko.gif

Just kidding. You would hate them. Those 44's will be more than ample.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.