Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shop press recommendation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kpfoten

Hello!

Looking for a shop press for doing my bearings, etc. Harbor Freight has the 6, 10, and 20T versions and I was wondering what would be a good recommendation for the occasional use (mostly for the 914 as needed).

Thanks!
TheCabinetmaker
I have the 20 ton and it works great.
Krieger
I have a HF 12 ton unit that has been spectacular
ArtechnikA
I started with the 12T and it was fine, but I replaced it with the 20T. It is a LOT bigger. Check your space availability. I have no regrets especially now that I have the Titan with parts and pressure requirements far in excess of anything the Porsches or Subies need. If you can afford the space and additional cost, IMHO go big. If you can't quite swing it, you will have no regrets with the 12.
Lennies914
No regrets here with the HF 12 ton, other than it takes up valuable grage space for the few times I've used it. They do pay for them selves after the first use.
jaxdream
Get the biggest your can afford , and house . My press frame is rated at 60 ton , but using a 20 ton bottle jack I picked up tractor supply for about 36 bucks aktion035.gif .

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.