Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: one free day in Paris next week
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
siverson
Hi - I have one free day in Paris next week, and thought I'd see if anyone has some good travel tips? It's my 3rd time there, so I'm looking for some not-so-typical ideas.

Any must-see car/914 places? I'm actually free from Sunday evening to Monday night.

-Steve
Elliot Cannon
Whenever you see a Frenchman, look him right in the face and in a rather loud voice say, "Howdy"! "How ya' all doin"? They just love that. lol-2.gif shades.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 25 2010, 10:35 PM) *

Whenever you see a Frenchman, look him right in the face and in a rather loud voice say, "Howdy"! "How ya' all doin"? They just love that. lol-2.gif shades.gif

lol-2.gif

Need to wear an American flag shirt to.
ClayPerrine
Get on top of the Arc and watch the way the French drive. Every one of them thinks they are Alain Prost and they are trying to win an F1 Race. It is cool to watch them weave in and out of traffic. It makes the 405 in LA seem tame.
siverson
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 26 2010, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 25 2010, 10:35 PM) *

lol-2.gif

Need to wear an American flag shirt to.

smile.gif Great ideas...
veltror
Avoid the Cafe Dauphin near the Louvre at all costs utter utter utter crap.. it has pictures of the Renault Dauphin also, POS.

Try going to Citroën Conservatoire its about 20mins outside of paris but i do not think it is open to the public unless you ask ahead of time...
shelby/914
Why not just leave a day early and go someplace nicer?
crash914
sewer tour....cool...
bandjoey
There's a great chicken fried steak restaurant in Paris, just south of Dallas.
Try ordering that in France biggrin.gif Enjoy
Spoke
THere's a Lamborghini dealer on the main road by the Arc de Triomphe. They had a really nice black Lambo sitting outside the dealer a couple of weeks ago.
michel richard

The musée d'Orsay on the left bank has all the impressionists. If you're into that sort of thing, it's absolutely amazing. And if you're not, it's still nice.

Not car related, though.

mightyohm
My favorite thing to do in Paris is to chill out and enjoy the endless parks and open spaces there. It's a great city to relax in.

Go to a boulangerie and pick up a baguette, then go to a fromagerie and point at some interesting cheeses. Maybe swing by a charcuterie if you can find one. Pick out a bottle of wine at a corner store. Find a park and chow down.

Heaven.

DBCooper
I always go visit my sister. Big lunch, wine, take a nap.
gandalf_025
Drive to Germany, Rent a reasonably fast car and drive the autobahn for a few hours.
get the car going as fast as you can for as long as you can.
That would be my choice.. then there is always a train to Amsterdam...
never mind....
grantsfo
I really enjoyed the Citroen C42 and Puegeot Avenue Showrooms on the Champs Elysees. True french car expereince. The Citroen building is just wild! Bring a camera if you havent been to either of those places.

http://www.hotels-paris-champs-elysees.com...s-elysees-paris

http://www.hotels-paris-champs-elysees.com...s-elysees-paris

And I second recommedation on musée d'Orsay if you enjoy art. Stunning collection.
Drums66
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ May 27 2010, 12:25 PM) *

Drive to Germany, Rent a reasonably fast car and drive the autobahn for a few hours.
get the car going as fast as you can for as long as you can.
That would be my choice.. then there is always a train to Amsterdam...
never mind....

Then the Police pull you over and give you a ticket. yellowsleep[1].gif for going to slooowww laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ May 26 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Why not just leave a day early and go someplace nicer?

av-943.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.