Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb early 120 MPH speedo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tradisrad
Looking for an early speedometer that is in good condition. I would really like to find one that is dated 4/70, but I will consider other early dates.
Please PM
thanks,
-Rob
rymann
Hey rob I have 1 out a 71.......its in good shape......if u r interested pm me. Thanks
70_914
3/70 sitting here in front of me. Not bad shape. Needle moved while I was driving the car. Some corrosion on trim ring, but it is 40 years old.

IPB Image

IPB Image

$25+ shipping.

I took the pictures right after i brought it inside- the moisture inside is because it is cold and raining outside. After it warmed up for a few minutes the glass is clear. Gotta love Washington weather.
Rav914
Send that off to Palo Alto Speedometer and they'll make it look like new. I recently had mine done by them. Works and looks great.
DRPHIL914
I had mine done by Al Garcia? als914- one of our members, he put in new glass, redid the bezels, look and work like new, fixed odometer and put in LED lights- whatever color u want. best deal around.

Phil
rymann
rob the 1 i have is 1000 times cleaner than the one in the pic...ill get pics tonite.........

(No offence to 70 914)
ConeDodger
I have several. Most are in good shape.
70_914
QUOTE(rymann @ May 26 2010, 04:06 PM) *

rob the 1 i have is 1000 times cleaner than the one in the pic...ill get pics tonite.........

(No offence to 70 914)

I angled it so you can clearly see the rust. It is in the date range requested. Not offended, just trying to sell some parts before I throw them away.
Als914
Hello Rob,

I'll check to see if I have one?? and get back with you.

Check out my link below and if you get the speedo you're looking for I can help make it look and operate like new.

I have been busy finalizing my engine rebuild on my '74 so I haven't been on the site much.

Get back to you soon.

Al
tradisrad
Hey guys, thans for all of the responses. I fixed my odometer over the weekend and I scratched the face with the needle while removing the odometer. After talking to a friend, who suggested that I use different guts, but my housing with the date code, I guess I will be looking for the cleanest gauge face. rymann is sendign some pictures and then I will go from there.
thanks again
realred914
you really need a 150 mph speedometer, with the six that you should be putting in there you will need it. Sell off the weakling four banger and move up to a six, you no you want one, you no you need one, so get one, and sell that wimpy four to some one that really needs it.

good luck
rymann
Pics this eve........ for sure!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.