Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blown tire on trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Check this out. Towing the race car back from Thunderhill today and blam....one of the trailer tires blows up...not flat...just blows up...took out the fiberglass fender cover on the trailer....

Here's a pic...
nine14cats
I just picked up a full size spare for the trailer last week....I guess fix a flat in a can wouldn't have worked to well on this one! laugh.gif

Crazy weekend...
Trekkor
kinda looks like one of those troll dolls. driving-girl.gif

trekkor
Carl
Bill,
You were telling me that between you and the wife a set of race tires will last, what?, 12 track days? You must be pushing a lot harder if you're shredding trailer tires like that!

burnout.gif

Carl
Joseph Mills
Bill,

Sorry about your fender. Glad nothing worse happened.

But that's like a podium stand trophy blowout! smilie_pokal.gif

ph34r.gif
machina
On the way up to sebring late last year, an enclosed racecar trailer blew a tire a couple hundred feet in front of me. Looked like a bomb.

The fender went about 50' in the air and shrapnel was everywhere, pretty scary.

Most trailers sit unused for weeks or months, the sun really degrades the tires on one side more than the other, that can cause big problems.

dr
Don Wohlfarth
I had a trailer tire explode almost as bad as yours, damn thing let go under a bridge.
I thought someone was shooting at me.
Everytime I hook up I don't move my trailer without checking the air pressure. Takes 2 minutes, a hell of a lot less time than changing a tire on the side of the road.
Don't forget to grease your axle bearings. Trying to match up bearings in podunk on a Sunday evening can get pretty interesting.
This kind of stuff is pretty easy to remember after you've been through it once. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.