Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Billet center caps...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
Has anyone used these and if so how are they? There from ISP West.

Billet Center Caps

detoxcowboy
They are a physically tight fit, stand a little taller than oem and are thicker/tougher ect. , definately cheaper. I had a $300.00 set of inlaid porsche crest center caps that I sold and use these now, basically they are good enough and inexpensive enough that if you )(&*%#! one, you could get another without a sweat..

here is the set i had... http://www.boothedesign.com/centercaps.html

and again at pelican... http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/ksearc...ber=PEL-ICC-914
Tom_T
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ May 26 2010, 08:15 PM) *

Billet Center Caps

Check for them at their website or TheSamba for the set of 4 price (it's a different webpage), which will be less than this each price.

IIRC SoCalAndy has them on his Yellow 72's Fuch's 2L alloys & they look the same as OEM unless next to each other, which won't matter unless you're going to do Cocours events. IMHO, better for a DD than OE for better durability as detox stated.
blitZ
I have a set. They are nicely made but as stated are a tight fit. I used a dremel to take some material off around the outside to get them on.
Jakeodoule
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 27 2010, 12:35 AM) *

Billet Center Caps

Check for them at their website or TheSamba for the set of 4 price (it's a different webpage), which will be less than this each price.

IIRC SoCalAndy has them on his Yellow 72's Fuch's 2L alloys & they look the same as OEM unless next to each other, which won't matter unless you're going to do Cocours events. IMHO, better for a DD than OE for better durability as detox stated.

Nevermind,
It's early and I'm a dumbass. I was looking at the wrong link. The ones Drew link to look just like my stockers.
The ones Detox link to are for five lugs I think.

Are they the same as stock? Aren't the stock ones for a 2 liter Fuch raised and these are flush? The ones on my Fuchs are raised. I thought they were stock.
I really don't know.
Ferg
QUOTE(blitZ @ May 27 2010, 05:12 AM) *

I have a set. They are nicely made but as stated are a tight fit. I used a dremel to take some material off around the outside to get them on.

agree.gif

But they are super well made, just a bit "taller" than OE.

You CAN use a rubber mallet to install smash.gif
Ferg
Pic from my old car.

smg914
Ferg,

If I recall correctly, that photo of your car is a few years old and these new billet 2 liter center caps haven't been available that long. Your old car has the aftermarket version with the smooth face and they are quite a bit taller. These new billet caps have the indention on the face and are almost identical to the OEM ones (maybe just a bit taller). Should be no need to make any adjustments to install these new Billet caps. If the original caps on my sahara beige 914 weren't perfect, I would not have a problem installing a set of the Billets (well maybe just a smidgen of a problem but I think I could eventually get over the fact that they aren't original).
Ferg
Even Better! I saw ISP and didn't click the link, didn't know they changed them and made them better. Very Cool.

Ferg bye1.gif

montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ May 27 2010, 07:01 AM) *

Billet Center Caps

Nevermind,
It's early and I'm a dumbass. I was looking at the wrong link. The ones Drew link to look just like my stockers.

Are they the same as stock? Aren't the stock ones for a 2 liter Fuch raised and these are flush? The ones on my Fuchs are raised. I thought they were stock.
I really don't know.

John, If you go to their Samba add ISP West Samba Add

They have a picture of them on a Mahle. If you go to there website, then cycle through the 3 pages of billet accessories you'll see all the caps they make.

ISP West web site - Billet accessories
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Jakeodoule @ May 27 2010, 07:01 AM) *

Billet Center Caps

Nevermind,

I really don't know.

My link was to fuch 2.0 alloys 4 lug (bottom of page, he is the desighner of 5 lugs as well, I added the pelican link because it had a picture, AA sells them also)
Socalandy
OK , You guys are gonna have fun with this...

I have a set and yes, the first time I put them in it was very tight but they come out easy and go back in easier than the first time lol-2.gif
montoya 73 2.0
huh.gif sheeplove.gif grouphug.gif lol-2.gif
avidfanjpl
Just bought a set on their site. I have been lusting over these for a few months.

I will be gentle on the rubber mallet on these! Putting some leather over them to tap them in!

O I wish I owned Steve's Sahara Beige 2 Liter, but it is a better thing that Orangina can't read this thread.

J
detoxcowboy

QUOTE(avidfanjpl @ May 27 2010, 10:07 PM) *

Just bought a set on their site. I have been lusting over these for a few months.

I will be gentle on the rubber mallet on these! Putting some leather over them to tap them in!

O I wish I owned Steve's Sahara Beige 2 Liter, but it is a better thing that Orangina can't read this thread.

J

agree.gif

rubbermallet, folded towel, light lube or wd40 or anything ect,
Geezer914
Go to the local hardware store and bring a cap with you. Look at the PVC pipe couplings and buy one that will fit. I ran a piece of Duct tape on the edge. The pipe coupling will fit on the edge of the rim on the cap and you can tap them in with a rubber mallet. Mine were pretty tight. I had to use a Dremel with a sanding roll to remove the rough spots from the hole. If I had just used a rubber mallet they wuold have been dented.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.