Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch ID, and wear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
time to replace a clutch. Have several sitting around, and wonder how to ID a 1.7 from the higher pressure 2.0 liter ones. The clutches are Sachs brand. Are there part number differences, or physical differences that i can use to identify them? Clutch will be going into a 2 liter car. what is the difference in application between a four spring and a six spring disk?, and what if any differences are there in pressure plates?

Also on a new friction disk, what is the celarance from the surface to the rivits? The manual states a wear limit of .025 inch, what is a new onw? I want to be able to estimate the percent of life left in a used frictin disk, but do not know what a new one is.

thanks dave
tat2dphreak
the clutches were all the same, except the 6 cylinder came with the 6 spring variety...

the same as on early 911s...

any can be used... they are put in the same way...

no pressure plate differences that I'm aware of, there ARE HiPro press. plates which are stiffer though...

anyone jump in if I am wrong on this...
rick 918-S
Ya, What are the pressure plate differences. We need a tec article written on this.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.