Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a carb guru PLEASE.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Silverstreak
I'm rebuilding a set of Dellorto DRLA 40's. I bought new throttle shafts or sindles as well as new spindle bearings and butterfly vavles. I'm having a very hard time getting the bearings pressed in the carb body and on the shaft, all well keeing it lined u for the valves to go in. I've already wrecked one new shaft, and may have wrecked the other. They're not chea so before I go ahead and attemt this with 2 new shafts I'd love some tips.
Thanks and tara!
bandjoey
In the CB Dellorto overhaul manual, it states not to take the bearings and shafts out for an overhaul, or 'you'll have to go to a VW Bug shop since they have the special tools for installation'.

I've never taken my carbs that far down but I can see why now. Hopefully someone here has the "special tools" needed you can loan out or find a local shop to install them for you.
Silverstreak
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 27 2010, 09:28 PM) *

In the CB Dellorto overhaul manual, it states not to take the bearings and shafts out for an overhaul, or 'you'll have to go to a VW Bug shop since they have the special tools for installation'.

I've never taken my carbs that far down but I can see why now. Hopefully someone here has the "special tools" needed you can loan out or find a local shop to install them for you.

Ah bummer. Thank you very much. I had to replace them because one was seized due to rust and the other one had some rust on it and was a litlle "bound up with tightness" as my mechanic unlcle would say. There are a couple VDub garages here in Pensacola. I'm gonna throw in the towel and bring them to one of em. Thanks again, I've been pulling my hair out on this. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.