Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Had a clunk when turned sharp. Thought I better look, found the spanner nut on both front struts not tightened down. I tightened them with the proper spanner wrench TIGHT. It this correct ? Or are they supposed to be just snug or something in between?
jaxdream
Are you refering to the nuts that hold the balljoints in the A arm ?? IIRC they should be tourqued to about 180 pound foot , a big pipe wrench would do the job , possibly with a cheater pipe on it . Others will chime in with the correct tourque value......

Jack / Jaxdream
davep
The balljoint nuts are very high torque, and require a locking plate with cotter pin.
underthetire
Not the ball joints. It's a spanner nut around the strut body. Looks like it may hold the strut in to the lower cartridge.
Lennies914
Jeff, are you still working on it? Call me if you need some help. driving.gif driving.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ May 28 2010, 04:50 PM) *

Jeff, are you still working on it? Call me if you need some help. driving.gif driving.gif

Thanks, but it's time to wash it now. I got everything but the rattle from the back window fixed. Kinda scaring me though, the car has never driven this good since i have owned it. Somethings gonna go wrong soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.