Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: coil over kit for Koni's reds?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
d914
Ok I serached and cant find the reference. I have koni reds and would like to do a coil over kit on the rears.... I think its some kind of circle track part house out west????? Ideas??? Names??? links?????

Thanks

andys
Try Ground Control in CA. Sorry, don't have the link handy.

Andys
pnewman
I also have new Koni Red's all around and have looked (although a meeger effort) for coil overs without avail. sad.gif

I would be interested in adjustable perches. Especially if I could utilize the two pairs of Weltmeister springs that I currently have. smile.gif

I will keep an eye on this thread. Please pm me if you have better luck than I.

thanks
lotus_65
i had a link to a coleman racing option, but that page is obsolete.
914pipe
QUOTE(d914 @ May 28 2010, 04:17 PM) *

Ok I serached and cant find the reference. I have koni reds and would like to do a coil over kit on the rears.... I think its some kind of circle track part house out west????? Ideas??? Names??? links?????

Thanks

It is this what your looking for...?

http://www.paragon-products.com/Porsche_91...shing_s/284.htm
d914
nope, standard koni's...reds are larger hence the issues..oh and I really do know how to spell,,,searched.....?!! Cant type worth a shit though!!!
914pipe
QUOTE(d914 @ May 28 2010, 08:33 PM) *

nope, standard koni's...reds are larger hence the issues..oh and I really do know how to spell,,,searched.....?!! Cant type worth a shit though!!!

Try this

http://www.colemanracing.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=6417
nsr-jamie
How about Tarret Engineering?
pnewman
I contacted Coleman. Thanks for the link!

Here is what I said:
Enquiry: Is your ""coil over kit 5"" compatible with koni - red shocks? Application 1974 porsche 914

Reply:
The inside diameter of our shock sleeves is 2.04 or 2.08. If the Koni shocks are about .010 smaller then the I.D. of the tubes they will work.

Regards,
Lary
Coleman Racing Products
(800) 221-1851 ext 122

colemantech@czo.net

My suspension is completely assembled. Does anyone have the O.D. of the Red rear shocks lower tube? I will be by my car tomorrow night and will mic it.

Pete
d914
i think, 2.15....but wil not see car until saturday.. The guy at the circle track place measured mine.... I need to verify, he or my memory could be bad
carr914
The Rear set-up on 914s is already a Coil-over set-up, Are you looking for Adjustable Perches?
d914
yes sorry, adjustable
Lavanaut
Check with Rich Johnson, member name is "a914guy" here on the site. Great guy, very friendly, very helpful. My setup came from him.

Reid

Click to view attachment
Rick_Eberle
I have the Coleman setup on my car, but they have to be machined to fit. A guy I work with bored mine to fit for a six pack...
nsr-jamie
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ May 30 2010, 12:13 AM) *

How about Tarret Engineering?

Bump for Tarret Engineering. I have this kit and its adjustable for height and works with Koni and Bilstiens. I went with 150 pound springs but other rates are available and the price is fair too.
sean_v8_914
call Ira at Tarett. he is friendly and knows what will work
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 2 2010, 03:53 PM) *

Check with Rich Johnson, member name is "a914guy" here on the site. Great guy, very friendly, very helpful. My setup came from him.

Reid

Click to view attachment

I have the same setup from him, VERY nice...along with his boxster calipers up front. He lays low, but offers some cool bits.
andys
Here's the link to Ground Control

http://www.ground-control-store.com/produc...ption.php/II=76

Jay is a Porsche guy, and knows his shocks. He fit me up with perch's and springs for my dual adjustable Koni's

Andys

Chris Hamilton
I got my bicknell sleeves for my red konis from behrents.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.