Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Cable Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
damnfiknow
I am trying to make some changes to a VW Baywindow that I tool around in when more seats than the 914 has are needed. I want to fabricate some cables to use thru out the camper. I am at a standstill trying to find a source for parts I need much because I can't seem to ge across to hardware/auto parts/WW Grainger people what I want. What the heck is so hard about understanding that I want some cable ends, both smooth and threaded...the thingees that are crimped to each end of a cable. And what else do you call the covering the braided cable goes thru other than the flexable tube thingee? And, at each end of the flexable tube thingee, is a crimped on threaded thingee to hold the whole shooting match in place. What is this thing called? Help please on verbage and somewhere you can talk/order this stuff.
McMark
I feel your pain. I wasted a day searching for just what you're looking for. dry.gif
bandjoey
Take Them the picture of a throttle cable. There are few mechanically minded people any more. mad.gif
detoxcowboy
This "Auto Anything" Link will have all your verbage and pieces for the cables your looking for, at the very least you can click description to see a pic and then know what to ask 4.

I think it is called a pin what your wanting..

there are also terminology re throttle cable for guide, coupling, conector, knob, stop, socket... but I think also the other item you may be wanting is a "sheath" protetive guide tube? (guide tube can get at Pelican parts at least for the other cables trunk relaese ect.)

I did not know any of this either until I went to this link..

double click you thingy on it..

http://www.autoanything.com/fuel-systems/201A4369.aspx

here is a link to Cad Plated Pins..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-VOLKSWAG...sQ5fAccessories

Click to view attachment
McMark
Those 'cad plated pins' are called barrel nuts. cool.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(McMark @ May 29 2010, 10:44 AM) *

Those 'cad plated pins' are called barrel nuts. cool.gif

true i have heard that but on the link i had they cal them pins??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.