Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgraded to H. I. D. last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
I have been searching the web for a good HID kit, and i finally went all out and got one. Took a couple of hours to install. Basically it just snaps on to the existing harness and has a few extra wires going into the headlight box. sorry, i had to make a few more holes in my teener dry.gif Then i used the hella h4 e code lense so the beam would not blind any of the opposing traffic. I tucked the ballast right behind each headlight.

My setup runs on 12volt and draws 3.2amps constant. initial startup draws as much as 8 amps. then it puts out a constant 35watts.

I choose a color temp of 6000k (sunlight)
aktion035.gif
jsayre914
I thought my silverstars were bright, but there color matched the fog lamps. look at the pic with the fogs on, OMG these are cool.
utah914
Looks great! Can you take a picture at night to show how well it lights up the road? I added HID's on my DD (non-914) a couple of years ago and would never go back.
zymurgist
wub.gif

I'd love to go HID on my RSX, but the JDM HID setup is aimed for people who drive on the wrong side of the road.
Mikey914
I have a couple hi/low hid kits I brought in to work on a group buy, but had not have the time to do the install myself. Donated a set to Mary Shortridge for the project, and they wound up not getting used. . I really liked these on my 944. The only issue I had was as the light moves it was kind of a pain to get everything mounted so nothing rubs and there's limited space.

I have the bulbs high and low (not just a low HID and high incandecent), with ballasts and wirring from the vehicle plug to the bulb. $64 a set.

I have 2 sets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.