Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: megasquirt users
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
I'm running a MSII code 2.88. I can't figure out the barometric correction settings on Megatune. Car ran fine, actually good, yesterday morining, then high pressure system came in, now I seem to be rich. What settings have others had good success with? I'm using one sensor BTW.
RJMII
It should automatically adjust for the outside barometric pressure when you shut off the car.

The way it works is that it takes a reading before starting, figures out the kPa of the atmosphere, and makes it's compensations based off of that. (which is how I got away with running the one MAP sensor for my turbo setup)

The battery is dead in my car and can't pull up my exact settings for you. sad.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(RJMII @ May 29 2010, 10:29 AM) *

It should automatically adjust for the outside barometric pressure when you shut off the car.

The way it works is that it takes a reading before starting, figures out the kPa of the atmosphere, and makes it's compensations based off of that. (which is how I got away with running the one MAP sensor for my turbo setup)

The battery is dead in my car and can't pull up my exact settings for you. sad.gif

I know about the initial start up, but I think my settings are off. Too bad your not closer, I have a battery guy here that can get the gell cells. He got me the exide version of the optima, and I really like it.
904svo
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 29 2010, 09:01 AM) *

I'm running a MSII code 2.88. I can't figure out the barometric correction settings on Megatune. Car ran fine, actually good, yesterday morining, then high pressure system came in, now I seem to be rich. What settings have others had good success with? I'm using one sensor BTW.

Do your self a favor and add the second map sensor, with one map sensor if the
cpu resets what is ever pressure is in the manifold thats your new barometric reading the engine runs on. With the second MAP it will automatically take care of
it. I also had a problem like this because I live in the mountains.
mightyohm
I think your problems are way more likely to be temp related than pressure. I have never touched the baro correction factor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.