Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: idel to high can't lower it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tman914
914 2.0 liter 1974 D-jet

After driveing it a around town today noties the RPM's got to high its ideling at 1500 rpm's sitting at stop light, engine temp is half way at the gauge .check linkage at the throttle valve & retrun spring and its doing it job sitting nice but couldn't lower it at the idel screw what the hell driving.gif
rjames
Vacuum leak?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Tman914 @ May 29 2010, 04:27 PM) *

914 2.0 liter 1974 D-jet

After driveing it a around town today noties the RPM's got to high its ideling at 1500 rpm's sitting at stop light, engine temp is half way at the gauge .check linkage at the throttle valve & retrun spring and its doing it job sitting nice but couldn't lower it at the idel screw what the hell driving.gif

vacuum leak. Aux air valve is not closing or decel valve is sticking. Maybe also the vacuum unit is not retarding the timing.
Tman914
ok I will look into that thanks
TheCabinetmaker
Hey Tman, Is that your boxer? Whats the shirt say?

Look for the small hose off on the decel valve. If the end is frayed, cut it off to expose new hose that will stay on better.
detoxcowboy
idle trouble shooting.. with your exact problem in the list of stability issues, wonderfull piece of info..

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/idle.htm
Tman914
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 29 2010, 05:37 PM) *

Hey Tman, Is that your boxer? Whats the shirt say?

Look for the small hose off on the decel valve. If the end is frayed, cut it off to expose new hose that will stay on better.

Ya he has pass away a few years ago and i put my work shirt on him and took this pic
its say Toyota Material Handling on it lololo
all Vacuum hose's are new
Tman914
ok thanks cowboy i will check it tomorrow thanks to all for your help
rwilner
just a thought...it could also be your TPS. If you're not getting to the idle setting on the tps, the idle adjustment setting on the ECU won't have any effect.

One check for the TPS: With the key turned to accessory, slowly press the accelerator to the floor...you should hear exactly 20 clicks.

(for the record, got that from George's tech tips 700 book.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.