Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: did a 1974 2.0 come with sway bars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crxnug
did a 1974 2.0 come with factory front and rear sway bars?
poorsche914
QUOTE(crxnug @ May 29 2010, 07:27 PM) *

Yes, sway bars were an option.
Tom_T
QUOTE(crxnug @ May 29 2010, 04:27 PM) *

All 73 2.0 were part of the "standard upgrade" option package from the 1.7L, but "included" in the base 2.0 price.

Starting 74 MY & through 76 MY they were an extra cost option, although many of the 76 2.0's were "loaded" with everything - but still at extra cost of course - to move them off the lots & clear out parts stocks as production ramped down.

PCNA can get you a COA which may tell you if it had the optional sways, if their records are complete, but you may be able to finagle an answer over the phone if you talk real nice to the gals, then order the COA later. If you're a PCA member you get a discount, as well as if you still have the window sticker - which of course the latter would tell you in itself!

PS - some sways on 74-76 were also added "aftermarket" or factory retrofit by owners over the year, so it's worth checking into with PCNA.
Katmanken
I have two 74's that are close together in VIN numbers- one came with factory swaybars and one came without. If I recall correctly, some of the mounting holes were missing in the wheelwell area for the front mount.
detoxcowboy
mine did.. confused24.gif
KELTY360
I have a '74 2.0 without sways, but the mounting tabs are present on the front A arm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.