Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior overhaul guessing game
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dem
Last week I finally put my interior back together, after several week's delay (a tale for another post.) Having a frankenstein's 6 conversion is liberating because I don't feel bad about being non-stock!

Due to the delay, I had a serious case of "while you're in there" - so much so, I've forgotten everything I did.

Try to name everything changed/refurbished/modified in these pictures! Bonus points, name the member vendor who supplied it! Double bonus points, name the things I changed that you can't see in the picture!

Super zoomed large versions:
Original Interior
Modified Interior

Before:
IPB Image

After:
IPB Image
TheCabinetmaker
New Morph carpet set and speakers. New Momo. Leather shift boot. console gone.
Gint
I'm not much into guessing games, but I have to say that your interior looks very nice!
DanT
carpet, steering wheel, speakers/grills, shift boot, dash face material along with blocking off glove box, quad gauge, removed console, door sills and carpet rail, new front targa top seal, new radio, new door sill seal

provided by Morph, Mikeys914, Marks914, tod914
TheCabinetmaker
You also changed the tach to early model (silver middle button). I'm gonna guess and say you also removed the floor tar.
dem
QUOTE(vsg914 @ May 30 2010, 07:28 AM) *

You also changed the tach to early model (silver middle button). I'm gonna guess and say you also removed the floor tar.

Good call. The whole gauge cluster was overhauled!

Before:
IPB Image

After in the car:
IPB Image

On the desk:
IPB Image
bandjoey
New Red Heater knob
tat2dphreak
looks great!!
roadster fan
new seat adjuster handle, at least on Pass side(Mikey914). And, covered the dash pad eliminating the ashtray(Morph), New fuse panel (JWest), Aluminum pedal board (Engman),...

Interior looks great!

Jim
Gint
BTW, which color and type of Morph carpet was that? I need exactly the same thing.
dem
QUOTE(Gint @ May 30 2010, 12:33 PM) *

BTW, which color and type of Morph carpet was that? I need exactly the same thing.

That color is called cinnamon or cognac - it is import loop. This thread has swatches.

So far correct:
Prototipo steering wheel
Morph speaker pods & carpet
New stereo
New leather shift boot
Console deleted
Dash refaced (Morph)
Aluminum carpet rails/sills (yello914)
Quad gauge & refurbed other gauges (New Vintage)
Targa top lower seal (although I have the top too, I hadn't put it on yet!) (Mark)
Seat pulls (Mark)
New inner/outer door seals (Mark)
Remanufactured Dashboard w/ ashtray delete (Camp914)

Stuff I didn't do:
Floor tar - because I was scared of what was under it.
Engman floorboard - cos he is out of stock. sad.gif
Fuse Panel - mine works, I figured I wouldn't taunt it.. but I was tempted!

Surprise bonus points:
New red heater knob.. because it is in the mail from Mark, but not in the car yet! ESP!

Mary Shortridge
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks TERRIFIC! Congratulations!!!
dem
QUOTE(Mary Shortridge @ May 31 2010, 02:35 PM) *

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks TERRIFIC! Congratulations!!!

Thanks Mary!

Here's the rest of the items I can remember changing:

Vendor callouts: morph subwoofer (hidden by the carpet), rennenmetal DIN radio plate, jwest 3/8" eccentric momo steering wheel adapter.
Other stuff: refinished parking brake & bracket, rebuilt the steering column, new interior light, new aftermarket seatbelts, deleted glove box knob, new accelerator pedal..

Probably more that I've forgotten.

bandjoey
Uh...new Press... Sticker on the seatbelt release? blink.gif

Great looking car by the way! Time to do mine, after seeing what a new one looks like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.