Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any advice for engine stand
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I brought home the 3.0 and need to get it off the four wheel dolly so I an get it leaned up. Steve Wong has offered use of his HF engine stand with modified transmission mount. I'm excited about working on something besides the body. Anybody want to give me any advice about mounting the engine?

McMark
confused24.gif Put it on the stand?
scotty b
Use bolts AND nuts shades.gif
PanelBilly
I thought I'd get some smart remarks
rfuerst911sc
I used a HF four wheeled engine stand for my 3.0 using the ring style adapter. I mounted the ring adapter to the stand. The portion of the stand rotated and pulls out if you pull a pin. I removed that portion and bolted it to the engine. So if you can vision this I had the engine, the adapter , and the part of the stand all bolted as one. With the help of a few friends we just lifted the engine off the dolly I had it on and lined up the yoke/shaft of the stand piece and slid it into the stand. Put the pin back in a good to go. I had the engine on the stand for about a year. Stable with no issues and so easy to work on.
r_towle
Bolt the modified head to the motor nice and tight.
You can lift the motor with two guys, a chain hoist, a tractor, an engine lift etc.

OR
With three guys, tip engine stand on its side and slip it onto the head that is bolted to the motor.
With three guys flip up stand and motor in one quick move.

Rich
J P Stein
I use a modified HF engine stand and the yoke.....the mod was from one center horizontal leg to 2. This allows a jack to fit under the center of the engine.
Engine dis-assembly/assembly is all done on the stand...plus what ever other perverted things you may enjoy. biggrin.gif the yoke is P/N P201 and is not cheep. Copies on evilbay are cheaper & often available there.

Pics
J P Stein
One more showing the ATV lift.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.