Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SDSEFI Install Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larouex
I was wondering what approaches folks have taken with regards to the Fuel Pump Relay. I have seen the hacks and I am leaning towards a new circuit with a new relay.

Any suggestions or ways to use the factory board and relay?

TIA,
Larouex
DNHunt
I would think it would work. The wire from the ECU would have to connect to pin Pin III of the 4 pin connector on the drivers rear corner of the relay board. Hot out to the pump is Pin 13 of the 14 pin connector at the front of the relay board.

I used a Megasquirt relay board to wire mine. There is some over current protection and the circuit is fused.

Dave
Joe Owensby
I had already relocated my pump to the front. So, when I rebuilt my car, I ran a new power wire to the front of the car from the battery, using a fused link at the battery. I pulled the power for a new relay under the dash from this wire to power the pump. A switched hot wire turns the relay on. The relay ground goes to the SDS to energize this relay. As Dave said, it should also energize the stock fuel pump. I have an oil cooler in the rear with a fan. I use the fuel pump relay to power the fan, since it was available, fused, and easy to use. JoeO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.