Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lennies914 and Jeeperjohn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
ASSHOLE driver was way over the center. I had the camera rolling for our trip to sac for the day.

Still had a great time with all.

IPB Image
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 31 2010, 02:07 AM) *

ASSHOLE driver was way over the center.

If you think that was way over the center, you wouldn't last a week in PA.
People here have _no_ lane discipline...
rick 918-S
Holy! yikes.gif Watch out for the other guy!. Specially this memorial weekend.
ConeDodger
That was, I believe - the River Road? If so it is narrow, but worse there is river on one side and wetlands on the other. You are basically driving on a levy. If the car hits you, you're dead. If you take the river, you're dead. You guys were lucky he corrected.

Sports car clubs use the River Road all the time. I bet it was some local purposely giving you "what for" Yikes for sure!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ May 31 2010, 07:24 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ May 31 2010, 02:07 AM) *

ASSHOLE driver was way over the center.

If you think that was way over the center, you wouldn't last a week in PA.
People here have _no_ lane discipline...

agree.gif

Always seems like its asshole in lifted pickups too.

Zach
Lennies914
The video doesn't show just how far over and how close he got to john. I'm surprised John didn't stromberg.gif himself
ArtechnikA
I understand.
Still, left to their own devices, a PA driver naturally aligns him/her self directly over the double-yellow...
underthetire
He was way over. Like more than half his car over.
poorsche914
My daughter was run off the road by a pickup pulling a dual axle trailer that came across the center line on a back road. She ended up taking out some barbed wire fence and posts. Totaled her Xb but thankfully she was unhurt. Truck driver went merrily on his way. mad.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(underthetire @ May 31 2010, 11:53 AM) *

Apparently you have never driven in Memphis, he had tons of room.
jeeperjohn56
Jeff, Thanks for the video,like Lennie said that guy was almost a full car in my lane and was within 40 yards from me, and we were doing about 70mph, I think he was texting or something because we were going straight no turns. It was a scary moment, and glad the big guy upstairs didn't need me at that time of my life. came home and hugged the wife before I told her, Thanks again Jeff, John driving.gif
tomeric914
Had the whole family in the 914 tow-mobile yesterday going to my son's parade. Went to make a right turn onto the main road when an ASSHOLE in a red Explorer pulled out to pass on a solid line. Yanked hard to the right to avoid the DOUCHE. Not the first time this has happened at the same intersection.
underthetire
QUOTE(jeeperjohn56 @ May 31 2010, 09:27 PM) *

Jeff, Thanks for the video,like Lennie said that guy was almost a full car in my lane and was within 40 yards from me, and we were doing about 70mph, I think he was texting or something because we were going straight no turns. It was a scary moment, and glad the big guy upstairs didn't need me at that time of my life. came home and hugged the wife before I told her, Thanks again Jeff, John driving.gif

I'm glad you didn't have to ditch either. And 70 ? My GPS showed a little faster than that! I got the video done of the trip. I'll post it on youtube tonight. You are one hard MOFO to keep up with !
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(underthetire @ Jun 1 2010, 10:31 AM) *

...And 70 ? My GPS showed a little faster than that!

The speed limit through there is ... ?
underthetire
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ May 31 2010, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ May 31 2010, 11:53 AM) *

Apparently you have never driven in Memphis, he had tons of room.

You can really only see Lennies yellow 914 in the video. The guy had already "corrected" by this point. What you didn't see was John in front of Lennie. And yes it was river road, drop offs on both sides.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.