Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Pad Recommendations... Late 1972 1.7
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
casey944
Looking for something grippier... Searched all of the usual suspects and no one has a solution... at least not that I could find.

Car has stock 914 Brake Calipers and Rotors. It is a late 72 so it takes all of the 73 and on parts...

Thoughts?
casey944
great... now i need to spend another 200 on f/r pads and new front rotors... Are these what you run?
DanT
Porterfield is a good pad...had them on the Puttputt and they worked well on the track, on the AX course and on the street
RJMII
QUOTE(casey944 @ May 31 2010, 02:44 PM) *

great... now i need to spend another 200 on f/r pads and new front rotors... Are these what you run?

I've got a 911SC front end. smile.gif

Those are the ones that were in a group buy that happened awhile back and many many members were excited about them.

When I switch my pads the next time they need it, I will probably get something similar. smile.gif
Eric_Shea
You can buy $25 pads or you can buy $100 pads or... you can get Porterfields for $59.95 and they'll act like $100.00 pads.

One set does the complete front and one does the complete rear. You should be looking at $120.00 plus shipping... not $200.00

By far the best and least expensive brake "upgrade". wink.gif
Eric_Shea
Ooooooops... sorry, just noticed you had the late model fronts. They are a lot thicker and slightly higher in price. They'll last longer though. biggrin.gif
Rod
I've had Porters on mine for a while now and love them, I have the confidence back to heel/toe into corners and rag the car again I really upset a brand new Jag the other day on a roundabout.. Which is why we own them yes??
Rleog
Thanks for that image, Rod. I just love the thought of a 914 slicing through a roundabout quicker than the traditional British cat. Must have been fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.