Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom emblems.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
RJMII
If you'd like an emblem, there are a couple of different ways to let me know you are serious; first and obvious one; send a paypal payment with what you'd like, and I will send you a drawing for your approvale (jim(at) smalltowngeek.net). Send a PM to me with your request, an agreement to pay when completed, and then I will send drawings to you for approval.

My pricing:

Shipping: $7 - $10.00 CONUS, priority mail, delivery confirmation, insurance, (if requested) paint stick for support (unless it fits in a small flat rate box).

Emblem (comes with tape, I can adhere and trim on request) They are polished on a buffing wheel to make as shiny as I can get them.

number of digits:
2: $30
2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.7, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 5.3, 5.7, LE
3: $40
914, 2.27, 918
4: $50
NARP, 914-6, 914-8, 914-S, 914S,
5: $60
914-GT, 914-EV, 914-RT

Other emblems are done by request and will be added to the list as they are drawn and machined. $10 per digit plus $10 setup fee/emblem/paypal, etc.
Tom_T
Jim -

I just sent your "914 S" emblem info to Murry/me733 - who is another 914S nut with an early 914-2.0 - although his is actually running! biggrin.gif
... as opposed to my basket case! dry.gif

So maybe he'll pop for one sooner rather than later.

I'd suggest that you add a list of the ones you have already set-up in your CAD-CAM system here, with the link to your Emblems website.

http://www.vintagetransrebuilds.com/transr...ds/Default.aspx
http://www.vintagetransrebuilds.com/transr.../1-emblems.aspx

Is your website here set-up to do purchases by Visa etc.? confused24.gif
Tom_T
Jim -

I just sent your "914 S" emblem info to Murry/me733 - who is another 914S nut with an early 914-2.0 - although his is actually running! biggrin.gif
... as opposed to my basket case! dry.gif

So maybe he'll pop for one sooner rather than later.

I'd suggest that you add a list of the ones you have already set-up in your CAD-CAM system here, with the link to your Emblems website.

http://www.vintagetransrebuilds.com/transr...ds/Default.aspx
http://www.vintagetransrebuilds.com/transr.../1-emblems.aspx

Is your website here set-up to do purchases by Visa etc.? confused24.gif

Sorry for the dupe, web connection farted!
RJMII
Tom, Thank you! I will add to my list in the original post. smile.gif

Visa/MC/ PP... That is why I set up the website; so people that would prefer paying with a credit card are able to do so. There is also anonymous check out. wink.gif

Tom_T
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 1 2010, 06:18 PM) *

Tom, Thank you! I will add to my list in the original post. smile.gif

Visa/MC/ PP... That is why I set up the website; so people that would prefer paying with a credit card are able to do so. There is also anonymous check out. wink.gif

Jim - let me know if/when Murry &/or others order a 914 S one & I'll jump in then to make it easy for you.

You should also do a post(s) in the Garage &/or Originality & History forum(s) for the "914 S" emblems, cuz I doubt many know you make them! I'd been hunting all over & was going to splice a 914 to the "S" from a 911S one to make one up for me, until I found yours.

Porsche+Audi advertized the 914 2.0 as the "914S" from summer of 1972 up to Jan. or Feb. 73, so all 2L's sold during that period can legitimately be referred to as a 914S, although none were ever badged that way. Porsche AG made them stop in early 73, although they never made their British distributor stop marketing the 2L as the "914SC"! dry.gif

Here's a real 914S ad from the day -

Click to view attachment

... post the ad with your stuff & the time period info, for others interested.
popcorn[1].gif

RJMII
icon_bump.gif

Will be adding pictures here soon. This batch I have going right now will be getting photo shoot and then shipped out on Thursday.

ALSO: My website is gone. I have another one I am building with a different URL. It will be awhile, but I'm happy to wait for a POMO.
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 1 2010, 12:59 PM) *

If you'd like an emblem, there are a couple of different ways to let me know you are serious; first and obvious one; send a paypal payment with what you'd like, and I will send you a drawing for your approvale (jim(at) smalltowngeek.net). Send a PM to me with your request, an agreement to pay when completed, and then I will send drawings to you for approval.

My pricing:

Shipping: $7 - $10.00 CONUS, priority mail, delivery confirmation, insurance, (if requested) paint stick for support (unless it fits in a small flat rate box).

Emblem (comes with tape, I can adhere and trim on request) They are polished on a buffing wheel to make as shiny as I can get them.

number of digits:
914, 2.27, 918
914-GT, 914-EV, 914-RT

Other emblems are done by request and will be added to the list as they are drawn and machined. $10 per digit plus $10 setup fee/emblem/paypal, etc.

Can you make a 916 emblem?? If you can I going to send you some $$$!
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 1 2010, 12:59 PM) *

My pricing:

number of digits:
914, 2.27, 918
914-GT, 914-EV, 914-RT

Hi I would like you to make a 916 emblem and let me know how I pay you -Phil
Phil Plummer
QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 1 2010, 11:59 AM) *

My pricing:

number of digits:
914, 2.27, 918
914-GT, 914-EV, 914-RT

Just wondering about the emblem... it should be in my mail box- soon- Phil
RJMII
QUOTE(Phil Plummer @ Mar 19 2012, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jun 1 2010, 11:59 AM) *

My pricing:

number of digits:
914, 2.27, 918
914-GT, 914-EV, 914-RT

Just wondering about the emblem... it should be in my mail box- soon- Phil

Would you like the tracking number? It's the insurance and delivery confirmation tag.
Phil Plummer
Whoa nice emblem Jim it is gonna look great!!!-Phil
lonewolfe
I recently received my 914 S emblem and it looks awesome. These take a little time to receive but are all custom made one off items and they are NOT MADE IN CHINA!
rgolia
can you make the porsche lettering below the 914 2.0 emblems...see photoClick to view attachment
cary
Jim could you make me a Carrera 3.2 script for my 911?
dlee1967
Paid on April 9 for a 914-8 emblem.

Although I was told there was a shipment, no product ever arrived and the email responses have not resulted in either the product or a refund. Cannot provide a tracker "for the first one". Another was to be shipped, but nothing. Responses have been rude and not resulted in getting my money back.

All I want now is a refund to my Paypal. I can't even get that. If it had not been so long, I would file a Paypal claim.

Buyer beware.

David Lee, Houston, TX

I've kept all of the email responses to my inquiries, but it is just not worth my time to post them. Make your own emblem or roll your dice with Jim. He states that we (914 owners) are just a pain to deal with and he should stop doing us a favor. I don't want any favors, I just want my money back for a product that I never received.

UPDATE 09/07/2012
Script arrived last week in brown envelope. A little bent as it was not attached to a paint stick as described......but at least it finally arrived. thank you
mharmon
I'm in the same boat as David. Paid for the model fuchs wheels from Jim back in January of 2011 and still have not received them.

I had a little hope when he responded on this thread that the wheels were all done and that he was missing a few addressess of folks that had already paid. PM'd him the same day, but have not heard back.

Itt too bad, but some people just don't keep their word.

Tom_T
Hi Jim,

I sent you PayPal payment for a 914-6 emblem 5/24/12 - which isn't that long yet for making it along with others in process, but do you have an ETA for the "Last Run" stuff yet?

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
lonewolfe
I saw your post and thought I'd check how long it actually took to get my emblem. It was right at 6 weeks from the time I paid Jim till I received it. It looks pretty nice. Communication was slow with Jim. Seemed he had a lot of things going on and making these emblems is a side project.
broomhandle
are there any pics of these emblems?

i would like to see the 914-EV

914six
Still waiting for my emblem from the last run.......Over 2 months now..
A&PGirl
Jim asked me to officially announce that he sold the emblem biz. I stepped up to the plate and we both worked out a deal.

So, emblems will not be available for 6-8 weeks while I learn the machine & the cad program.

If you had purchased an emblem and paid for it by July, Jim will make your emblem and ship it to you.

Tom_T
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 5 2012, 06:45 PM) *

Hi Jim,

I sent you PayPal payment for a 914-6 emblem 5/24/12 - which isn't that long yet for making it along with others in process, but do you have an ETA for the "Last Run" stuff yet?

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

As a reminder to Jim - & notice to Carrie - I'm one who falls in the pre-sale prepaid cut-off date, but I noticed above that I made a DA mistake on the prior post here & put 914-6 .... dry.gif

I meant to say "914-S" - & I believe that's what I put in the PayPal & our PM's Jim - if not, please correct my error & make it a "914-S" !!!! smile.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
B2524
Hi Carrie,
I placed an order before the cutoff date and havent heard anything about my order in a long time. I was wondering if you can give me an update of where things stand.
Thanks,
Kent
gus91326
Can we order emblems yet?
A&PGirl
I'm going to try to get started on the box this weekend.

What do you need?

B2524
Hi Carrie,
I still have not received the badges I ordered from Jim.
Any idea when that will happen?
Thanks
Kent
gus91326
I was interested in 914-8 and a 5.7...
gus91326
QUOTE(gus91326 @ Oct 10 2012, 10:21 PM) *

I was interested in 914-8 and a 5.7...

No news?
B2524
any news yet on my badges?
it has been a really long time.
thanks
Kent
Tom_T
Same here....paid in full for a 914-S badge in May 2012 & still nothing yet.

Is Jim finishing it or just blowing everybody off now? confused24.gif

6 months is now high time to produce or refund to us Jim.
Eric_Shea
Jim, Carrie,

Where do we stand with this? Time to start refunding people me thinks. Let's do the right thing. If people have given money for a service, they either need to get the product or service or... they need a timely refund.
Eric_Shea
Gang,

Carrie PM'd me and she is stating she is not responsible for making emblems for you. She apparently did not purchase the debt with the business.

I've asked Jim to refund any open orders as it is the right thing to do and, he has no way to fulfill the orders.

Looks like this emblem thing is a mess. dry.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 12 2012, 12:17 PM) *

Gang,

Carrie PM'd me and she is stating she is not responsible for making emblems for you. She apparently did not purchase the debt with the business.

I've asked Jim to refund any open orders as it is the right thing to do and, he has no way to fulfill the orders.

Looks like this emblem thing is a mess. dry.gif

Thanx for stepping up Eric.
It was also the right thing for Admins to do, & I respect that you did this! smilie_pokal.gif

What I'm not clear on from my prior PMs with Jim on this, is whether he had started on my (& others') emblems when he asked for "last run" orders last May, which he just needs to buff out & ship out, or to the contrary of what he led me (others?) to believe - whether emblems were never started???? confused24.gif blink.gif wacko.gif
B2524
Eric,
For what it's worth Carrie sent me a PM and said she would take care of my order but I guess now she isn't. Guess we know her true colors.
Kent
A&PGirl
Kent,

I just don't have enough time to set the equipment up, make sure it works right then sit and grind out emblems.

lonewolfe
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Dec 16 2012, 01:51 PM) *

Kent,

I just don't have enough time to set the equipment up, make sure it works right then sit and grind out emblems.

It seems this custom emblem vendor/vendors has been problematic from the beginning. I ordered one grom the original guy and it took a lot of effort on my part to finally get my emblem a couple of months later. The quality was just ok. I could gave made my own eith a scrol saw that would have been much better with a lot less frustration of constantly emailing/messaging the guy and getting excuse after excuse. I think it's time for the moderator to take action and shut this thread down. Anyone that paid up front should be refunded by the current owner. Just my. 02 cents worth!
bulitt
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Aug 9 2012, 08:48 PM) *

Jim asked me to officially announce that he sold the emblem biz. I stepped up to the plate and we both worked out a deal.

So, emblems will not be available for 6-8 weeks while I learn the machine & the cad program.

If you had purchased an emblem and paid for it by July, Jim will make your emblem and ship it to you.

I have no dog in this hunt but seems to me any payments/orders sent to Jim remain an issue with Jim, and any payments/orders sent to Carrie should be resolved by her. According to her advisement posted on August 9th.

And Carrie if you are going through a learning curve on this equipment then you need to advise the community of the issues and the resolution.

Pretty much what Eric stated.
scotty b
QUOTE(bulitt @ Dec 16 2012, 03:05 PM) *

QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Aug 9 2012, 08:48 PM) *

I have no dog in this hunt but seems to me any payments/orders sent to Jim remain an issue with Jim, and any payments/orders sent to Carrie should be resolved by her. According to her advisement posted on August 9th.

And Carrie if you are going through a learning curve on this equipment then you need to advise the community of the issues and the resolution.

Pretty much what Eric stated.

agree.gif

Jim was Jim

Carrie is Carrie

If she didn't buy his debt, it is not her responsibility to cover it. Business is business
A&PGirl
Scotty is right.

I didn't buy the debt. I bought the equipment, software & intellectual property (software files).

I'm not accepting any orders or money since I don't have the equipment setup & working.

And Scotty is right again, the software has a major learning curve to it. As in, if you cannot think in at 3 dimensions and magically figure out which button does what you need to do in which order, do not apply.
B2524
All I will say is don't buy from anyone on the board, especially Jim or Carrie.
Total POS's in my book.
RJMII

I'm going to start trickling out refunds as I get the money.

my appologies for failing.
A&PGirl
See this link? -> Link

I already stated everything that needed stating there months ago. I don't expect apologies for insults, threats or harassment, but damn can't you figure out how to use the search function under member names to see if I posted the information in a separate thread because it was so important? WTF.gif
Eric_Shea
Putting an end to this...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.