Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: seen my car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solo1
I am shopping for another 914 so i was led to this site. Sir Andy suggested I post this: I owned a 1975 914 in the mid 90's had to sell her, would like it back but i know its an uphill battle. VIN : 4752901395 I bought her in Columbus Ohio and sold her, with a gun to my head, in Cincinnati. At the time she was signal orange confident it was the original color. Decent shape at the time sold it to some kid who was determined to use her as a daily driver.

VIN 4752901395

thanks in advance.

what kind of nightmare am i getting myself into buying a cheap one and dedicating several years to return her to her glory?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
There is great fun and tremendous reward buying a cheaper 914 and bringing it back to life. It is the rage these days.
Buying one already done and pristine is boring.

QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 2 2010, 12:40 PM) *

I am shopping for another 914 so i was led to this site. Sir Andy suggested I post this: I owned a 1975 914 in the mid 90's had to sell her, would like it back but i know its an uphill battle. VIN : 4752901395 I bought her in Columbus Ohio and sold her, with a gun to my head, in Cincinnati. At the time she was signal orange confident it was the original color. Decent shape at the time sold it to some kid who was determined to use her as a daily driver.

VIN 4752901395

thanks in advance.

what kind of nightmare am i getting myself into buying a cheap one and dedicating several years to return her to her glory?

Katmanken
Nope, lived in Cinci since 1991 and never saw an orange one.

Know of a black car, a white car, a red car, and a formerly yellow car but no orange.
rick 918-S
welcome.png
jim_hoyland
This site showed a hit on the vin, I didn't pay to see what they had though...

http://vehicledataregistry.com/
EdwardBlume
agree.gif welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 2 2010, 07:39 PM) *

This site showed a hit on the vin, I didn't pay to see what they had though...

http://vehicledataregistry.com/

Scam!

I just tried a couple of known to have never existed VINs and it always comes back with "AVAILABLE: Pay here to access database" ....

bs.gif Andy
solo1
you guys rock, thank you. there are a couple of cars out there from 1000- "insert obscene number here" engines run, may need clutch etc. am shopping furiously and this time my wife is encouraging it!.

heres a response I got from a guy with 1972 914 : Engine turns over, would need to clean out fuel system and replace clutch to drive. Could be more problems? Its been sitting for 16 years. body in good shape needs paint etc some rust. thoughts?
solo1
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 3 2010, 09:41 AM) *

you guys rock, thank you. there are a couple of cars out there from 1000- "insert obscene number here" engines run, may need clutch etc. am shopping furiously and this time my wife is encouraging it!.

heres a response I got from a guy with 1972 914 : Engine turns over, would need to clean out fuel system and replace clutch to drive. Could be more problems? Its been sitting for 16 years. body in good shape needs paint etc some rust. thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-Porsch...55ae9c4b2#v4-41

thining about taking this on thoughts?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 3 2010, 08:06 AM) *

You better be good at welding or have deep pockets for that one. Buy the car with the least rust. Rust is your enemy!
solo1
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 3 2010, 11:23 AM) *

thank you for your input. probably not something i want to attempt.

You better be good at welding or have deep pockets for that one. Buy the car with the least rust. Rust is your enemy!

solo1
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 3 2010, 12:12 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 3 2010, 11:23 AM) *

thank you for your input. probably not something i want to attempt.

After months of searching for the right car i found her over the weekend. A 1972 914 in the Signal Orange, original paint 49k mileage. Brown leather interior, no RUST, I mean NO RUST. battery tray clean enough to eat off it!! will post the VIN and photos when I pick her up this week. My wife has been pushing me to find the car and buy it. I lost my first nearly 20 years ago ( first marriage) and never really got over it, so as we approach Fathers Day my wife not only pushed me to buy it she offered to help me pay for it. Some of you should be very jealous!
ClayPerrine
welcome.png

Congrats on the new 914. And I agree, you are one of the lucky ones if she encourages this hobby. And then you get one like mine... she has her own 914. biggrin.gif

And it is not that far from Cincinnati to eastern Tenn. So considering joining us for MUSR 11. Lots of 914 folks and a weekend of fun.
SirAndy
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 7 2010, 10:19 AM) *

no RUST, I mean NO RUST.

That just means you didn't look hard enough! biggrin.gif

Congrats on the car ...
driving.gif Andy
carr914
Does your wife have a sister?
solo1
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 7 2010, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 7 2010, 10:19 AM) *

no RUST, I mean NO RUST.

That just means you didn't look hard enough! biggrin.gif

Congrats on the car ...
driving.gif Andy

dont think so, i crawled all over it like a 18 year old on a friday night! but im sure ill find something , stay tuned. i will need your advice.
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:01 AM) *

Careful TC! unsure.gif The odds are one sibling is a psycho/control freak if the other one is down to earth and supportive... just my observation though. rolleyes.gif
EdwardBlume

my wife not only pushed me to buy it she offered to help me pay for it. Some of you should be very jealous!

She must have just bought a huge insurance policy then.... lol-2.gif

I'm just kidding shades.gif
carr914
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Jun 7 2010, 02:36 PM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:01 AM) *

Careful TC! unsure.gif The odds are one sibling is a psycho/control freak if the other one is down to earth and supportive... just my observation though. rolleyes.gif

Don, I am a Psycho Magnet shades.gif
solo1
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 7 2010, 02:01 PM) *

yes 2, but they both live in Thunder Bay, Ontario!
solo1
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 7 2010, 03:49 PM) *

my wife not only pushed me to buy it she offered to help me pay for it. Some of you should be very jealous!

She must have just bought a huge insurance policy then.... lol-2.gif

I'm just kidding shades.gif

nice. but im checking just in case!
ripper911
Well, my boss bought my car for me so I don't feel to jealous.
I am also in the process of getting everything set right over time.
Have fun driving your new car!
Whiskeydemon
QUOTE(solo1 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:40 AM) *

VIN 4752901395

thanks in advance.

I can only say the hardest thing to do is watch your baby go away only to then again want her back. Anyhow, I think I may have seen your 914 on numerous occasions. I live in Northern Kentucky in Edgewood and I drive to work down Turkeyfoot road to my work and saw an orange 914 parked outside of a store. It was there ALMOST everyday. However, the store is now becoming a Spanish food store, so I don't know how helpful it will be. I'm not sure how many orange 914's run around the tri-state, but I'd venture to say very few.

The address is something like 4150 Richardson Road. If I remember correctly it was the red building. It's when Richardson turns right and Wedgewood road is on the left, keep in mind this was last summer though.

Last year, after spending my own, and my dad's money on rebuilding my 240sx's motor (twice) the syncros went bad and he sold it without telling me. That phone call was devastating. I wonder if I can find any records with the VIN on it...

Good luck, if you need anymore help email me at apkoes2@uky.edu.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.