Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help finding Coil Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I cannot find coil springs for my Eurovan.
I could go to the dealer $$$$$, but I need a stiffer spring rate than they offer (I broke the stock ones)

I found a company that says if I send them a coil spring, they can measure it and send it back....that takes the van off the road for a week I cannot afford.

So...I was hoping that one of you guys might direct me, or sell me...springs for the rear...coils...stiffer...1993 VW Eurovan MV

Rich
TimT
What dia are the springs, and what is the uncompressed length?

You can get replacement springs in a number of diameters (2 to 5 in dia) and lengths ( 5-10 ins), and spring rates (100-1500lb) from a number of manufacturers like Eibach,Hypercoil etc...

Truechoice.com has a wide selection of springs, as does Coleman, Hoerr, etc..
Katmanken
Rich,

Try Ron Salmon at the Bus Depot. He has some Eurovan stuff.

Bus Depot

They aren't listed on his site but he can order parts from VW and a number of other sources. Parts are always at a discount and service has been great.

Ken
DuckRyder
you might also try IPD (the volvo folks) they have a suspension division which services trucks suvs and motorhomes.

Winnebago had built a mini motor home on the eurovan cutaway for years, so they might be able to help or point you somewhere.

you could always go back stock and add air bags inside the coils?
Korijo
Check these guys out. $190 + s&h. They're on my wish list...

Parts 4 VW's.com
r_towle
Korjo...
I have seen the sport springs...not good for me, I dont want to lower my car...
I use it for construstion and I like the ground clearance...but Korjo..take a look at Projekt Zwo
Yes that is how it is spelled.

Duck..I forgot all about IPD...I own four Volvos and I forgot all about them...

Thanx guys.
Korijo
seen their stuff. a bit pricey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.